Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Getting knots out of ropes

Several days ago I read a thread talking about how you could get knots out of ropes with dish soap and a hammer. I have gained a lot of useful info on this site but was frankly quite sceptical on this one because I know what happens to those knots when you pull about a thousand G's with some of the lardo guys I pull around.

Well, I'm here to attest that the method works fabulously! Not only did I get out a nasty double knot from my ski rope, I went on to try my truck emergency tow strap that some dingleberry put a granny knot into. It was awesome.

If you have a knot, you need not worry. This trick works. One more reason why I don't mind paying to join this site. If you're lurking for free, cough up a few bucks it is worth it isn't it??

I don't know about you but it makes me feel so smart now AND I can probably make some money from bets about whether I can get the knot out or not.

Play your cards right, and you can get enough for a new rope. Biggrin.gif

One more reason why I don't mind paying to join this site.  If you're lurking for free, cough up a few bucks it is worth it isn't it??

And just think, there's a few top posters riding this for free. Don't be a chump and help the crew keep going with your support of upgrading. Biggrin.gif

Let's see, do we really want to get into this discussion yet?

All the money in the world would only go so far without quality information. Sometimes information might be more valuable than cash. While I understand this site might cease to exist if no one paid a dime, it would also cease to exist if their was no valuable information to be had.

So ask for donations if you want but name calling the rest of the group is kinda low IMHO.

edited for grammer - thanks ob!

Edited by aneal000
Let's see, do we really want to get into this discussion yet?

All the money in the world would only go so far without quality information.  Sometimes information might be more valuable than cash.  While I understand this site might sieze to exist if no one paid a dime, it would also sieze to exist if their was no valuable information to be had.

So ask for donations if you want but name calling the rest of the group is kinda low IMHO.

Well said (except for the seize/cease thing) and I agree.

Several days ago I read a thread talking about how you could get knots out of ropes with dish soap and a hammer.  I have gained a lot of useful info on this site but was frankly quite sceptical on this one because I know what happens to those knots when you pull about a thousand G's with some of the lardo guys I pull around.

Well, I'm here to attest that the method works fabulously!  Not only did I get out a nasty double knot from my ski rope, I went on to try my truck emergency  tow strap that some dingleberry put a granny knot into.  It was awesome.

If you have a knot, you need not worry.  This trick works.  One more reason why I don't mind paying to join this site.  If you're lurking for free, cough up a few bucks it is worth it isn't it??

glad it worked. i actually learned a few things from my dad despite not wanting to touch a wrench when I was young...

Edited by Addictedto6

Hey that's only kinda funny... just wait till February, you'll be wishing we had something fun to talk about! Crazy.gif