Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mr Clean Magic Eraser

hyperlitenerd

The mr clean magic eraser is super sweet. Trying to clean the boat before the big don perdro trip, and having trouble getting the board racks back to the "bling" status, my lil brother, who seems to be ocd about cleaning has the magic eraser, and just cleans down the whole boat with it, tower, board racks, windows, vinal, just about everything short of the carpet, im just awed with it. So try it out on your boat! just passing the good word along.

Oh boy after over 100 views people replied to my post, yay.

Try the magic eraser on the rust, its only a few dollars to buy I belive, its just wow.

I have used the Magic Erasure for a few months now. I agree it is excellent. The thing I like the most is that you use it with water only. No worry of chemicals to mess up what you are cleaning. It has to be abrasive in some way to do the cleaning it does, but I have not seen any side effects of it yet.

Anyone have any bad experiences with it at all on the vinyl? I am a little worried that I am scratching it somehow each time I use it and eventually will wear it through....

Mark

Does it take the bugs and water spots off the chrome board racks easily? I find they are the hardest things to keep clean. If it does then it would be worth its weight in gold!!

Does it take the bugs and water spots off the chrome board racks easily? I find they are the hardest things to keep clean. If it does then it would be worth its weight in gold!!

YES!!!! woohoo, I had used most of the cleaning stuff I could find in my house, none of them really put much of a dent on it, magic eraser, like 2 wipes, and its gone, WOW, hehe sound like im in a infomcial

YES!!!! woohoo, I had used most of the cleaning stuff I could find in my house, none of them really put much of a dent on it, magic eraser, like 2 wipes, and its gone, WOW, hehe sound like im in a infomcial

Based on that ringing endorsement, I will try it this weekend. Need to get them nice and shiny for the Coors Light Trauma Tour this weekend.

Only piece of advice I would give is to also have a damp rag with you. As you use the Erasure it is wet and you will end up with dirty water running down your tower and dripping on your vinyl. If you have a clean rag you can wipe this up as you clean before it drips.... the erasure just like a real erasure leaves a little bit of itself behind as it cleans and you will need to wipe or brush that off as well.

Mark

I have never used the magic eraser, although it looks like a good product. For quick cleanup when we get down the road, we've been using a product called Honda Spray Polish & it works great on the tower & racks - bugs, road grime, it cleans it all up & makes it look great. You can buy it at any Honda motorcycle dealer.

http://www.motoemporium.com/hondapolish/hondapolish.html

We have been using the Mr Clean eraser for awhile now. So far no side effects. It is great for getting those little black marks of the vinyl and gel coat. Just don't rub to hard and follow up with 303 on the vinyl just in case. I use it around the house for cleaning those marks off the wall with out removing the paint.

Try it you will like it ROFL.gif

Works Ok for the easy stuff. I think "Simple Green" works a little better. For the real stubborn stains / marks I go with "Soft Scrub w/bleach" and let it sit in the sun for a bit, followed up with 303. I would be careful around vinyl with any color other than WHITE.