Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sense of Accomplishment

fijidaniel

So, I received my Perfect Pass Stargazer in the mail last week and spent two evenings installing it. I don't have that much mechanical knowledge as my experience so far has peaked at fluid changes, an impeller change, rerouting batteries and so forth. Well, took it out on the lake early saturday morning and everything worked perfect first try! I did notice that some areas near the wires for the servo motor get hot, so I'll have to watch those to make sure I don't damage anything.

Hardest part of the process was:

1. Dealing with a nagging wife for two evenings in front of the house trying to install from after work to sunset.

2. Grounding the RPM and power wires (thanks to whoever installed the stereo before I bought the boat.)

3. Plugging in the RPM cable and installing throttle linkage not knowing what the heck I was doing.

Fishing the wires wasn't bad thanks to a 10 dollar wire fish from Lowes and I placed the puck behind the guages and it worked perfect on a cloudy saturday morning.

Ready for summer!

Congratulations,

When it comes down to it these boats aren't that complicated. Or at least they weren't before they started getting all crazy with the electronics.

Nice work