Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Battery Drain

norforksportster

Does anyone know why Perfect Pass would pull quite a bit of current? When mine boots up, my boat has to be above idle (800 rpm) to keep from making the perfect pass "turn off" and back on, and then beep each time repeatedly due to low voltage conditions. When the boat revs up a little, everything is fine.

Alternator checks out. Runs around 13.5 volts (until Perfect Pass boots, then it gets down closer to 12.4)

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know why Perfect Pass would pull quite a bit of current? When mine boots up, my boat has to be above idle (800 rpm) to keep from making the perfect pass "turn off" and back on, and then beep each time repeatedly due to low voltage conditions. When the boat revs up a little, everything is fine.

Alternator checks out. Runs around 13.5 volts (until Perfect Pass boots, then it gets down closer to 12.4)

Does anyone know the standard amp load for perfect pass during run time?

My boat is a 97 Response and I had the same problem. I also noticed the the alternator does not put out until I rev the engine once. When I followed the PP instructions and wired the positive to the tach, I had lower voltage at the tach. I ran the PP off one of the accessory switches and I turn it on only when I want to use the PP. Works fine Now!!