Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

changing stock mls in ski locker

arsenuts411

I was wondering I have the stock 500lb ballast in the ski locker I also put a 300 lb lb sac in the walkway . I was thinking can I either put the 300 lb sac underneath in front of the stock mls or swap the stock mls bag for a bigger one and eliminate having the sac in the walkway?

Next if I can just add the other ballast underneath can you tie it into the other ballast so it will drain and fill with the stock by teeing off the inlet and outlet of the stock?

You'll need to measure the space on your boat to be sure, but the consensus seems to be that the capacity of the factory front MLS system on boats that use a bag is the size of the locker, and not the size of the bag. If you pull out your bag and measure it you may find that you can fit something much larger in there.

Have a look through Fly High's Ballast Bags, they're the best for integrating with a plumbed in system because of the multitude of fittings that are available. If you have more room in the locker, you'll definitely want to just replace the factory bag with a new longer one, it will be much easier, and probably around the same price as trying to integrate a new bag into your existing system.

Something else to consider would be Fly High's Integrated Bow Sac, which would allow you to add more weight forward in the boat without having anything in the walk-way (although it will require that you give up the storage space under your front seats).