Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What size wakeboard for my 10 year old

Chef23

I need to get a new wakeboard for my 10 year old's birthday. He is about 4'10" tall and weighs about 110 pounds. What size board should I get him. I want it to fit him for a while but I don't want it to be too big. He has been using a little Hydroslide board that is 119cm. Right now he can do some surface turns, come close to a wake to wake jump and one wake 180s.

I saw a 132cm board at Bart's is that too big? Any recommendations would be great including the best place to find a good deal.

Somewhere in the 131 range would be good, & will fit him for 3+ years depending on how fast he grows. A 119 at his size would be pretty small & brutal on the landings. If you wanted to, you could bump him up to a 134-5, but it might be a bit large for him this year unless he's on a growth spurt right now. When that happens it almost seems like you can sit there & watch them grow out of their stuff. Crazy.gif

I would say between 131 and 134. The 132 will work for a while even if it may seem a little big at first. The boards now are lighter and lighter, so I don't think he will have a problem handling it. Bindings will be a changing story for a while :)

I am just trying to think back to how tall I was at 10???

Watch the board's width as well, because that will change the dynamic. A wider board will ride a little bigger, & vice versa. So you can use that to cheat a little if needed.

If he's 110 lbs already at 10, he's going to be a big kid.

Watch the board's width as well, because that will change the dynamic. A wider board will ride a little bigger, & vice versa. So you can use that to cheat a little if needed.

If he's 110 lbs already at 10, he's going to be a big kid.

He is a big kid. I am hoping that we can keep him at his current weight and stretch him out a little. He is pretty good on the water as he skis the slalom course and trick skis in addition to wakeboarding. I just want to make sure he is on something that is fun right now. Off to search for good deals in the 130-134 range.