Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

perfect pass paddlewheel plug

I am upgrading my perfect pass from Pitot tube to the 6.4n with a paddlewheel. I have always noticed that I have had a black round plug about where a paddlewheel would be and the PP manual talks about a plug. The boat is a 2000 Malibu Sunsetter and I didn't think they were using paddlewheels back then. Before I start messing with this thing can someone tell me if it is the plug as decribed for the paddlewheel?

Thanks as always

If you can unscrew it and see through the bottom of the boat I would think thats what it is. Did someone have the boat before you?? Maybe they had PP installed.

Just took it apart and it's the depth finder puck. I thought they had depth finders that could just sit in the bottom of the boat? The hole is about 6 inches forward and to the left of the drain plug. Could this be to far forward for the paddlewheel?

I sure don't want to drill a hole in the bottom of the boat if I don't have to.

If you can unscrew it and see through the bottom of the boat I would think thats what it is. Did someone have the boat before you?? Maybe they had PP installed.

Isn't that about the same price as it is from Perfect Pass?

The holes are different sizes, so you're going to have A LOT more work figuring that out than just drilling a new hole.

I put the paddlewheel just to the center of the front of the alternator. It has worked well there. After I got over the fact that I was drilling a 2" hole in the bottom of my boat, the actual drilling it wasn't too bad & the 3M 4200 sealed it up tight.

I have a drill bit angle attachment that let me start drilling from the bottom, then once the pilot bit penetrated, start drilling a bit from inside just to get a nice clean cut on the gel, then finished it from underneath. I then used a little sand paper to chamfer the edges to avoid spider cracks.