Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Advice

I am planning on buying a spare prop and I am looking for some advice on what to get. I have tried to follow along with the other prop post and have checked out the prop charts but can not find the info that seems to fit my bu. We use it to wakeboard and ski behind and all of the normal crew would be considered beginners at best. The boat has stock ballast as in the middle tank and wedge. We normally have 4 to 6 people in the boat. It is an 08 Vride with LCR 320 motor. Checked WOT this past weekend and it was 4800 rpm at 44 mph. The speed was measured with an GPS. The prop that is on it is a 1125 Acme. Per the Acme chart 13.5 dia,16 pitch, .150 cup. I think the lake elevation here is about 1650'. We are planning a trip to Powell and other lakes this summer that may be higher elevation. I think I have a handle on how the different pitches effect performance. I would like to know how dose the cup size come into play? I am happy with the overall performance of the boat, but I figured that if I was going to by a new prop I would see if it could make it better.

Thanks Ron

You may want to read and research this thread:

Prop Thread

With the data from many people on this site and the help of DGOOSE I compiled the spreadsheet that is in the thread and if people chime in again with new data I would be happy to update the file and repost it with the new data. I also know that both Acme and OJ will let you try before you buy so that you get what you are looking for. Eric at OJ was a great help to me when I upgraded to one of his props.

-Dave