Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vests

NorCaliBu

Alright, so I got a Nevin Team SWAT side entry vest and it is without a doubt the most comfortable vest I have ever worn. I have worn it all winter inside my neoprene drysuit. Great flexibility.

Before the Nevin, I had a Hyperlite (Yes aneal000, a Hyperlite) neo vest. Comfortable, but just a little on the bulky side.

My boys are growing so fast that I didn't want to spend a lot on vests that they would outgrow quickly but I did find Jobe neoprene vests at Costco for like $28.00 ea. They love them. Much more comfy than nylon vests. They also appear to be a bit on the bulky side. The wife doesn't ski/board much (elbow problems from previous injury) so we got her a Costco vest as well ($40).

What do you use? Reviews please...

With the new INT rules this year it looks like I'm going to have to invest in a USCG vest. I've got an O'Neill Outlaw right now and love it. I'd like to stay with O'Neill, but I'm open to suggestions. What do you guys like. I don't like the side entry stuff.

I've been using the Costco neoprenes for 3 years now. I'm real happy with them and you can't beat the cost. Plus Costco stocks kids sizes.

I've been using the Costco neoprenes for 3 years now. I'm real happy with them and you can't beat the cost. Plus Costco stocks kids sizes.

Yep totally!!! The vest doesn't make you better ROFL.gif

I'm with you Michael. I got a CGA Nevin swat this season and it's by far the best vest I've ever used.

I wasn't much more than a lurker on MBO, but Yahoo.gif man I'm glad to find you guys. Yahoo.gif

The boys and I use the Costco Jobe vests. They work for me and the price was right. My daughter who is the more serious boarder wears an O'Neill Outlaw vest, which she likes a lot.

i bought the hyperlite molded vest w/ the zip-off neo sleeves last spring(no studs or writing, thank god). it is not the most comfortable, it's not bad, but not good. it's just okay. like purgatory :). i mainly bought it because those mornings on shasta can get kinda chilly. the water isn't so bad, but when you get outta the water and that wind starts to blow-that's brisk baby.

Vst-HY-TFD.jpg

i'm thinkin about getting the o-neill vapor vest. my buddy has one and it is hands-down the most comfortable vest i have ever used. i'm not too sure though because we need more uscg neo-vests in our boat. so i dunno what'll happen. any ideas on a thin uscga vest?

Edited by madchild