Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Overheating 90 skier

So i got my skier running great with a new carb distributor and what not and she pays me back by overheating. Were talking in the red from a few minutes at idle. I have takin it on the lake and used the fake lake both overheat. Though the fake lake was much slower to heat up. The impeller and housing were replaced last year but not by me (will check again) all hoses removed and checked trans cooler is clear. Could i have the impeller hoses swapped. Does someone have a pic of how they should go or explain? I have the elbows off the exhaust right now and plan to pressure wash them but they look good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have checked previous posts extensively and found them to be very helpful but most are different applications. Thanks in advance and i will keep you posted. Cry.gif

Edited by Philthy209
So i got my skier running great with a new carb distributor and what not and she pays me back by overheating. Were talking in the red from a few minutes at idle. I have takin it on the lake and used the fake lake both overheat. Though the fake lake was much slower to heat up. The impeller and housing were replaced last year but not by me (will check again) all hoses removed and checked trans cooler is clear. Could i have the impeller hoses swapped. Does someone have a pic of how they should go or explain? I have the elbows off the exhaust right now and plan to pressure wash them but they look good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have checked previous posts extensively and found them to be very helpful but most are different applications. Thanks in advance and i will keep you posted. Cry.gif

Take your thermostat out and run it without and see if it even gets up to operating temp. It could be corroded closed. On my sea water pump, the outboard hose goes to the strainer on the hull, the inboard hose goes to the tranny, but I will double check at home tonite.

Wow wish i would have checked this before yanking the exhaust manifolds off. The hoses coming from the impeller housing are/were switched. I'm still gonna check the impeller and housing seal for good measure. The last guy to work on these was obviously kinda hit or miss.

Thanks JasonK

Edited by Philthy209
  • 4 weeks later...

Found problem ordered part # SIERRA 18-3150 should be goodto next weekend. Thanks for all the help.

001.jpg

002.jpg