Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First ski of the year - Minnesota

gilby52

I am happy to report that my ski season has official begun. Two nice sets on a fantastic Thursday evening, and only where a wet suit! Ice out was the 8 days earlier!

Let the good times roll!

MalibuNation

Good for you. I'm still fighting this "perma-cold", was at the Dr. last Monday. Plan on picking the boat up next Monday.

Been pretty darn busy with projects around the house this spring.

I used to live in WA and its funny how we lived in our drysuits. Drysuit through mid June, then straight to shorts, then back to drysuit end of August.

People are nuts here in MN. I've seen some kids with their parents doing the polar bear plunge around new years.

I used to live in WA and its funny how we lived in our drysuits. Drysuit through mid June, then straight to shorts, then back to drysuit end of August.

People are nuts here in MN. I've seen some kids with their parents doing the polar bear plunge around new years.

It's all a matter what you're accustomed to. I just rather stay dry and whatnot until the water is closer to 70, I'm a wuss and that's just fine by me. I do ski all year round but the temps here don't plummet as they do their. Our water temps don't fall below the mid 40's in dead of winter, but it can bet sunny and mid 60's or warmer out at times.

People are nuts here in MN.

Yes, we are nuts. The pic is New Year's day 2009 on the Minnesota River. Our spring riding started April 8th.

657048.jpg

i must admit the kids were heckling me about taking out the boat this weekend, but I said 'no'.

i'll wait a couple more weeks, then it's game on!

think there will be more traffic this summer with the lower gas price? last year was dead around central mn lakes (kinda nice).

the ice at our local lake was gone only five days ago!

Hi all,

If you ever come near Mexico City, Ski season in Tequesquitengo lake is open year round, it never gets below 75.

Sometimes the lake is so hot in the summer that it feels like a jacuzzi (95°)

The downside is that we do not have ANY snowskiing / boarding in Mex

Saludos and I hope your lakes get warmer

Luis

First ski April 13th, and 3 times since. I will be in a drysuit until mid-may, unless the water warms up faster than normal. It feels great to get out, and this is the best I have felt early season in years.

Alright, that does it, I am picking up my boat Friday! Thanks for the encouragement. The bigger question is if I still FIT in my wetsuit? Maybe the extra fat will keep me warmer..?...

I am happy to report that my ski season has official begun. Two nice sets on a fantastic Thursday evening, and only where a wet suit! Ice out was the 8 days earlier!

Let the good times roll!

Nice! We picked our new vlx up on Friday and spent a couple of hours of break-in time motoring around Christmas Lake. Water temp was 55 degrees. I hope to be behind ours as soon as the break-in is done.

Hi all,

If you ever come near Mexico City, Ski season in Tequesquitengo lake is open year round, it never gets below 75.

Sometimes the lake is so hot in the summer that it feels like a jacuzzi (95°)

The downside is that we do not have ANY snowskiing / boarding in Mex

Saludos and I hope your lakes get warmer

Luis

Drool.gif Im Jellous

People are nuts here in MN.

Yes, we are nuts. The pic is New Year's day 2009 on the Minnesota River. Our spring riding started April 8th.

657048.jpg

holly crap....I feel like such a wuss waiting for warmer temps

My son and I spent some time with Family over the easter weekend. We spend a lot of time wakeboarding/surfing with this family in the summer. With all the talk I had to go get the boat out the following Monday. I had one issue - where to ride? Our summer lake place in Alexandria MN was still frozen. The Mississippi river (two blocks from my house) was open but still had the flood gates open and the current was crazy. Well, they closed the gates last Tuesday and we made it out on Friday after my son got out of school. The air temp was 71 and the river was 57. I was surprised at that temp since the river was ice two weeks ago and with the colder water coming from up north. Got both a wakeboard and surf session.

I called one of my riding buds from Alex. He was so fired up he came down on Saturday and we got in another set. The air temp was only 52 but it didn't matter. This was the earliest I've ever ski/wakeboarded in MN. I just got a call a couple of hours ago that the ice is going off at our summer place. Hopefully, we'll be in action there in less than two weeks.

You guys are right. There sure is a lot of excitement with getting the season started!

Lucky.... we are still dealing with a couple of feet of ice. Living up north really sucks!

Where's the gobal warming........... Bring it on !!

First set of the season went well for me. Our lake is at a boiling 60 degrees, outside is ~90. I used the shorty but the kids, nope, just the board shorts. After working the P90X this past winter, man what a difference. Started better off that I finished last season. Way better.

My son, on the other hand may be done for this season already. Possible blown knee and/or hamstring. Last run of the day. He wanted to land that tantrum because his friend got it before he did. He landed it alright then fell off into the water. Looked just like he gave up on the landing. I thought, no big deal, untill we got closer and saw his face. Now, you have to understand he is a four year rugby player at the U of AZ, so when I saw that look on his face, I knew it was serious. Have to wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news, the kid only has a partially torn hamstring, strained knee and calf. No surgery, just rehab.