Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

mux switch auto shut off

Malibusteve

09 boat here. When boat is switched off? How long do the MUX switches stay on before shutting off automatically? Isn't there a button that can be pressed and held for a certain length of time to manually shut them off? Can't place my manual right now. My switches seem to never shut off and I think its killing my battery.

30 mins is correct. I haven't tried one, but I believe the 'all off' button just shuts off all functions and not the panels themselves. Do you know if this is correct? If they are not shutting down automatically after 30 mins, then yes, they are killing your battery--very slowly--even if just the backlight remains on.

30 mins is correct. I haven't tried one, but I believe the 'all off' button just shuts off all functions and not the panels themselves. Do you know if this is correct? If they are not shutting down automatically after 30 mins, then yes, they are killing your battery--very slowly--even if just the backlight remains on.

The All off function does shut the panels down about 10 sec after shutting down all the components.

Thanks for the info, geogilbert.

Malibusteve, if your panels are not shutting down automatically after more than 30 mins. or soon after using the All Off button, you need to talk to your dealer. This includes the backlight, which can go completely unnoticed during the daylight hours.