Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect pass resets when starting

Getting ready to go out this week:Yahoo: and needed some help on the perfect pass I installed last year. Every time I start the engine (turn the key to start) my perfect pass resets. I am wondering if I have it wired to the wrong power terminal on the ingition switch or if I should just wire it to the battery. Is there a treminal that has constant power unless it is in the off position?

It supposed to be wired in with the key. So It will come on when the key is in the ON position and just like the gauges it turns off then on when the engine is started. There would be no way to turn it off it wasnt wired into the key. Perfectpass should just stay "on" and keep all the settings and function as normal.

PP will reset due to low voltage during cranking. Try adding a ground wire between the battery neg terminal & the ground block under the dash. Worked for mine.

Is this Stargazer? If so PP had a problem with this on some of the Gazer master modules. I had issues with 4 different ones when installing on my boat and 2 when installing on a friends Sportster. Call PP.