Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

gauge resetting

Hi all, I used my boat for the first time this week. When I installed the battery and set the dash clock, I somehow set the air/water temperature gauge from english to metric. The air/water temp reads in celcius. I would like to know if anyone out there knows how to change it back to english? I have a 2004 sportster with the Indomar power train. Thanx in advance, Steve

I. . .can't. . .remember. . . Cry.gif Try this: With the gauge showing the temp function, hold the down arrow for 3-5 seconds. If that gets you nothing, try the same with the up arrow.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, I used my boat for the first time this week. When I installed the battery and set the dash clock, I somehow set the air/water temperature gauge from english to metric. The air/water temp reads in celcius. I would like to know if anyone out there knows how to change it back to english? I have a 2004 sportster with the Indomar power train. Thanx in advance, Steve

Since I posted this request, I have had only 1 response. But when I tried it, the gauge still did not change. So as a last resort, I contacted Malibu in Merced Calif. They responded the next day, and the gauge is now reset. The gauge on the dash must be set to the hours using the mode button. Then hold the up arrow for a few seconds, and presto the gauge changes from metric to english. If you repeat the procedure, it changes again back to metric. I appreciate the quick response from Malibu, but I am not to happy with the fact that the owners manual says there is no adjustment for this gauge. It changes, but the book says it can't happen. Oh well, it is now reset back to english, and if it happens again, I know how to correct it.

welcome to the metric system......i'm from Australia :P

sorry for being no help but had to laugh :P

no offence to be taken here, but most Americans don't understand that the rest of the world is metric & they are actually the weird ones :P

"metric to english"

too funny...

no offence to be taken here, but most Americans don't understand that the rest of the world is metric & they are actually the weird ones :P

"metric to english"

too funny...Thats why Malibu uses both english and metric, the best of both countries. But why isn't that listed in the owners manual, The Aussis are being short changed, it is not mentioned in book as to how to switch back and forth. By the way, what is the formula to convert back and forth? What is 19 covert to in english?

"metric to english"

too funny...Thats why Malibu uses both english and metric, the best of both countries. But why isn't that listed in the owners manual, The Aussis are being short changed, it is not mentioned in book as to how to switch back and forth. By the way, what is the formula to convert back and forth? What is 19 covert to in english?

Sorry, I found it funny because I've never heard it called the "english" system, but I guess its a common term? the English don't even use it, they use a hybrid system now, but are considered Metric... how confusing right lol

I always refered to the US system as the "US system" or "American", and often the "Imperial" system, although there are some differences between the old Imperial and the "English"...

1 mile = 1.61 kilometers

19kms = 11.8mi

19/1.61=11.8

always use the factor of 1.61 when converting miles to kms. or vice versa

36mph = 58kph

Thumbup.gif

"metric to english"

Sorry, I found it funny because I've never heard it called the "english" system, but I guess its a common term? the English don't even use it, they use a hybrid system now, but are considered Metric... how confusing right lol

I guess my question was not to clear. What I want to know is, If the temp reading is 19, how does that convert to the temp reading in the other system? There must be a formula for the change over?

I always refered to the US system as the "US system" or "American", and often the "Imperial" system, although there are some differences between the old Imperial and the "English"...

1 mile = 1.61 kilometers

19kms = 11.8mi

19/1.61=11.8

always use the factor of 1.61 when converting miles to kms. or vice versa

36mph = 58kph

Thumbup.gif

I guess I was not to clear in my question regarding the conversion from metric to english. What I want to know is if the temp gauge reads 19, what is the formula to convert it to the other system? Example, is 19 actually about 70 degree's?

Take deg C and multiply by 1.8 and then add 32.

19 deg C X 1.8=34.2

34.2 + 32 = 66.2 Deg F

Hope this helps.

Crap. to slow on the keyboard!!!! Thanks 99 response!!!

Edited by trentj6930
I guess I was not to clear in my question regarding the conversion from metric to english. What I want to know is if the temp gauge reads 19, what is the formula to convert it to the other system? Example, is 19 actually about 70 degree's?

I'm so totally #*!ed up on this one guy lol