Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Different type of battery

Ndawg12

I forgot to share this info with everyone a few months ago when I purchased this new battery. But I called around getting some pricing on a second battery for the stereo and I ran across a dealer that said he had just what I needed. He had a pallet of these commercial grade group 24 12V batteries that were primarily used in medical transportation devices. He said they would give me hours of deep cycle stereo time. He said these batteries were built to withstand the elements. Oh yeah, and it was less than $30!!

I'm not sure of the specs of this battery as the boat is at the dealer for service right now, but I can post them when the boat comes back home for anyone interested. It seems like everyone on here is from CA but me, but the dealer is in Charlotte, NC and I can dig up there contact info if any one is interested. He probably had 50 of these, I told him I could probably sell all these for him in a week or two but we then realized shipping a battery isn't cheap. :Doh:

martinarcher

Very cool. I'm adding a second battery for the stereo as soon as the boat comes out of storage. I have been looking at the Optima batteries , but the price is a little steep. Any idea on the capacity of one of these (Amp Hours - Ah? I would have to pay to have it shipped, but it doesn't sound like too bad of a deal.

Very cool. I'm adding a second battery for the stereo as soon as the boat comes out of storage. I have been looking at the Optima batteries , but the price is a little steep. Any idea on the capacity of one of these (Amp Hours - Ah? I would have to pay to have it shipped, but it doesn't sound like too bad of a deal.

I apologize guys I don't have the specs right now but I will post them when I get my baby back. I'll try to find the dealer.....here we go, sorry, you'll have to copy and paste, can't figure out linking.....Nevermind, it links automatically, cool!

http://www.realpages.com/sites/batteryservice/

If anyone calls them, tell them that you talked to a guy that bought a battery from them a couple months ago that would work great as a second battery for his stereo in his boat. If you get the specs on these batteries before I get a chance to check mine please post them here, thanks.

Edited by nemire12