Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Changing Oil in 2005 iRide

Are there on-line instructions for changing the oil in a 2005 iRide? I've changed oil in I/O boats prior, are there any peculiarities to changing the oil for an in-board?

Where can I go to get the model # for the oil filter?

I have a vride so not sure if the direct drive setup you have is different or not. On mine there is a

hose going from the oilpan that is fastened to the top of the engine with a clip. (It has a brass cap on the end) You will need to unclip it and feed it through a drain hole in your bilge. Mine is under the engine on the port side and has a brass t-handle plug in it. When you have it fed through the hull, take the cap off of the hose and let the oil drain into a container. (it will help greatly to have warmed up your engine prior to this...sorry forgot to mention that). The filter should be easier to get to on your motor...it will be on the port side of yours. Remove it and replace with a Napa Gold 1069 filter or the equivalent. Most folks here go with the Napa filter I think. Hope this helps!

Are there on-line instructions for changing the oil in a 2005 iRide? I've changed oil in I/O boats prior, are there any peculiarities to changing the oil for an in-board?

Where can I go to get the model # for the oil filter?

You will need to unclip it and feed it through a drain hole in your bilge. Mine is under the engine on the port side and has a brass t-handle plug in it.

Wish I had one of those. The hole in the bilge that is. What a pain in the butt not having one. I did buy a pump, so we'll see how that goes this year.

You will need to unclip it and feed it through a drain hole in your bilge. Mine is under the engine on the port side and has a brass t-handle plug in it.

Wish I had one of those. The hole in the bilge that is. What a pain in the butt not having one. I did buy a pump, so we'll see how that goes this year.

Are you sure you don't have a drain back there? All the VRide's I've seen around here have them...

Helinut

Are you sure you don't have the drain?? That's crazy. I know these boats are hand built but you

would think some things would be standard.... Mine has a drain hole right under the port side exhaust manifold. Has a big brass colored plug with a t-handle.

My oil drains real slow through the hose coming out of the oil pan so I hook the Tempo Oil boy pump to it so I can suck out real quick - goes much faster.

The oil drains slow in mine too but if I warm it up real good for about 10-15 minutes or so

it really helps. It will usually all be drained out in 15-20 minutes. I take the time to work on something else usually and don't mind the wait.

You guys will think I'm kidding but, I let my oil drain for a week. I do this on my truck too 'cause I know it can sit there that long draining w/o a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 100% positive that there is no drain plug under the engine. There is the one all the way in the back, but of course the hose is about 6 inches too short to go out that way! Pissed me off big time. Even looked under the boat for another hole. None to be found. Perhaps it's because I have teh rear tanks? Dealer wouldn't believe me until he went out and look at another '07.

Ended up pumping it out through the dipstick. Worked just fine and took less than 15 minutes.