Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Setting up shore station questions

driverdadMN

Working on measurements to help the installers make addustments to the Shore Station. We have just purchased a 2007 VTX and need just a few measurements. Do not have the boat home yet, and thought this might be a fast way to get the info without bothering the dealer (sold it to us on comsignment). I have called on several little things and I know they are busy this time of year.

1. Distance between the bunks on the trailer (front of boat and back of boat) to transfer to lift.

2. Measurement from the water line to the top of the tower. We are going to install canopy extentions to be able to drive the boat in without putting the tower down.

3. How high do you install the bunks from the frame to clear the prop,rudder, and tracking fins? The draft is 22 inches - would that be the logical measurement to use or a little less?

Thanks in advance for any help!

All I can help you with is #3. Unless you want to clear the prop, which you don't need to do but may be nice if your on rough water and the chances of overshooting it are higher. I am in shallow water so I don't have that much room to work with. In my case you just need to clear the fins, so maybe 8 inches, but Gorilla fins obviously are bigger.

Also Shorestation makes a bow stop, which is pretty bulky, but depending on your application may be a lifesaver. Coming from a sea ray you didn't have to worry about hitting your prop on the lift.

My guess is your going to need to fine tune it after the installers are done.

All I can help you with is #3. Unless you want to clear the prop, which you don't need to do but may be nice if your on rough water and the chances of overshooting it are higher. I am in shallow water so I don't have that much room to work with. In my case you just need to clear the fins, so maybe 8 inches, but Gorilla fins obviously are bigger.

Also Shorestation makes a bow stop, which is pretty bulky, but depending on your application may be a lifesaver. Coming from a sea ray you didn't have to worry about hitting your prop on the lift.

My guess is your going to need to fine tune it after the installers are done.

Thanks - we are going to install the bow stop.

Best bet is to bring the wrenches down to the water on a calm day. Don the mask and snorkel and dive down and watch while someone walks the boat on to be sure the tracking fins will clear the rear cross member. While down there, you can get a good look at how the bunks line up with the strakes as well. We have the bunks on ours set so they catch the strakes running the length of the hull and automatically center the boat. On our Porta-Lift, we have to have the bunks almost as high as they go to clear the fins and we don't have the Gorilla fins. Just something to note...