Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

in the market for 09 23lsv

Nicvtx

hi everyone

i am in the market for an 09 23lsv, my last boat was an 08 vtx

now my 08 vtx cutdimond was rueben and charcoal, i had problems with the rueben fading in the sun. the boat was picked up about 15 november 2008. i talked to my mechanic down here in australia and he said with the reds they wont be as pure because of laws with toxic chemicals go into the atmosphere.

for my 09 i am leaning towards yellow and ebony has anybody had any troubles with that.

the options i am getting for the 23 lsv are

wake hull

hammerhead 383

exhaust tips

stereo system 5

4 sets of board racks

4 tower speakers with 4 lights

depth finder

transom walkover

boatcover

cleats pull up 2 pairs

dripless shaft seal

heater

bow ballast

bimini

fiberglass swim platform

power wedge maliveiw

trailer

paint over gal trailer

malibu mags

spare mag wheel

sensa brakes

carpeted decking

thanks everyone

my cutdimond vtx has 184 hours on it so far so i think ive done pretty good with it we have been out praticlly every weekend and some schooldays since we bought it

I remember the pics you posted when you picked up the boat in Nov. 2008. Sharp boat , can't believe the red has already started to fad, sun in australia must be something else. Did you protect the hull with wax or polish?

Never heard of stereo system 5, but if its the Rockford Fosgate setup, dont waste your money. You will end up replacing that stuff anyway.

I remember the pics you posted when you picked up the boat in Nov. 2008. Sharp boat , can't believe the red has already started to fad, sun in australia must be something else. Did you protect the hull with wax or polish?

malibudreaming we waxed the boat at least once a month

in the shade you dont notice it ut when its in the bright sun you can see impurities and like flat spots

id rather not let the boat go

but my dealers offered me a killer deal and the vtx is a bit small for my likings

we usually ride with about 7 people so it gets a bit cramped, i could not belieive how weight sensitive the vtx is with the cutdimond like if you have the driver on the right side and you have an obsever then a passenger on the observers side it crumbles like cazy