Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu 23 LSV 2006 - Some Questions

OneCent

Hi there

I'm looking to buy my first boat and a Malibu 23 LSV 2006 is available in my price range (others where new Moomba Outback V, or a little more expensive a 2008 SAN 210).

I will use it for Wakeboarding, Wakesurfing, Waterski and maybe some tubing for the kids..

Is there a online source for the 2006 Brochure (like the SAN at corectcraftfan.com)? Just to get a little bit more information about the Boat.

What should i check at the boat? Are there any weak parts? (sry about my english).

And some questions about Features, it says the Boat have:

:Wedge - i dont know if power or not - was that a feature?

:Malibu Speed Control - is that comparable like the perfect pass?

:Tanks - but it dont say how many - what was possible in a 2006? 2, 3 or 4?

:Wakeboardracks

:Sound Pack with Tower Speaker

:Trailer

and some ..... that mean it should have more but they are too lazy to write it down ;-)

and the Boat has the Monsoon 340HP Engine with 120h

boot24_thumbnail_79169_1_600.jpg

I hope that are not too many questions, but before i speak with the dealer, i just want to be a little better informed Biggrin.gif .

What make me worry a little is the warranty, it runs out and i want to finance the boat for 4 Years...

Cheers, One Cent

Btw. the Price tag is around 56k with the Trailer (we have very high prices in in the land of Milk, Choclate and Armyknifes :-/)

2006 was the first year Malibu introduced the Power Wedge.

Malibu speed control = Perfect pass

4 ballast tanks (1,250 lbs) are possible depending upon what the boat was ordered w/. So it has either the middle and rear tanks only or the front tank as well.

The warranty is for only four years, the hull warranty can be transfered but IIRC it must be done inside three years.

I too just bought a 2006 23lsv. I will make some comments based on what I have found out.

I'm looking to buy my first boat and a Malibu 23 LSV 2006 is available in my price range (others where new Moomba Outback V, or a little more expensive a 2008 SAN 210).

I will use it for Wakeboarding, Wakesurfing, Waterski and maybe some tubing for the kids..

Go for the extra 2' in size, it is worth it. Plus Malibus are such good boats you won't mind that it is a little older

What should i check at the boat? Are there any weak parts? (sry about my english).

Batteries, impeller, and ballast pumps. A good dealer will make sure you don't have to replace those right after you buy. I bought mine private party, but right away I replaced 3 batteries and 2 ballast pumps so far. I also did the impeller because that is just something that should be done every year.

And some questions about Features, it says the Boat have:

:Wedge - i dont know if power or not - was that a feature?

:Malibu Speed Control - is that comparable like the perfect pass?

:Tanks - but it dont say how many - what was possible in a 2006? 2, 3 or 4?

:Wakeboardracks

:Sound Pack with Tower Speaker

:Trailer

3 types of wedges, locked up or down, floating (only locks in up postion) and power. Mine has the first, and it is the worst out of the three, but it is still a wedge and ti does the job, just not as easily.

Malibu speed control is cruise control which is perfect pass.

Tanks = ballast Mine has 4. I also have 4 switches 2 on either side of steering column that say MLS (Malibu Launch System) Switches are for filling and emptying the ballast tanks

Wakeboard racks are nice to keep boards out of the way

Music is always nice to have out on the water

Trailer - not made by Malibu, but most have pretty good trailers. I would look for Tandem Axel, working lights, working breaks and swing tongue.

and the Boat has the Monsoon 340HP Engine with 120h

Mine has the same engine. I know some people will say the engine is not big enough, but to me it works fine and if I start to notice I can always change the prop.

I just bought an 06' LSV about 2 weeks ago. I am very impressed with it so far. Layed out really nice inside and you can fit a ton of people in it!!

does anybody have a 2006 Brochue as PFD Download?

ok, it has a 4 Point Ballast System and a Wedge (300kg) - looks like a manual one?

Is that enough to get a nice Wakesurf wave?

Edited by OneCent
does anybody have a 2006 Brochue as PFD Download?

ok, it has a 4 Point Ballast System and a Wedge (300kg) - looks like a manual one?

Is that enough to get a nice Wakesurf wave?

I have an 08 but I can comment on the wakesurf wave. I also have the power wedge which gives me a little more fine tuning of the wave, but you have will have a wedge so that helps. The stock ballast will put out a decent surfable wave, but if you want a really good wave add some bags to it. I took the advice of RiverRunner (a member here) and added 3 bags to mine and we really love the wave it puts out. We put a 750 in the back locker, 750 on the side seat and 400 up front, all on the surf side, plus stock ballast, human ballast and wedge and you have a great wave :) I think you'll love the 23 LSV