Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pictures of 2006 Malibu...

RiverRunner

GreenHead, was by the dealership in Houston this week and sent me a few pics of a 2006. Enjoy

pic-1 2006 Malibu

Edited by RiverRunner
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RiverRunner

• tgaugh

• tmcb

• edwin

Top Posters In This Topic

They look sharp that's for sure.  Thumbup.gif 

I'm not sure how I feel yet on having the only year VLX that has the swoosh gel pattern.  Crazy.gif

Instant Calssic = better resale value... Thumbup.gif

I actually really like the concept of the Power Wedge. The thing is, with the different degrees that it's capable of being set at, you can really dial in to its most efficient spot relative to where you have weight in the rest of the boat. I didn't order the option on the new boat, however. Being brand new it will take some "working the bugs out" so to speak. As stewart put it, they have had so many problems this year with the manual Wedge (screws backing out, breaking, rusting) that I'm not inclined to think that the Power Wedge will be perfect even a year from now. ICBW of course.

One other thing about the Power Wedge, but on a different note. That thing sticks back so much farther than the regular Wedge, & being that it's not removeable, you would think that Malibu would have to revise the length rating on any boat so equipped.

One other thing about the Power Wedge, but on a different note.  That thing sticks back so much farther than the regular Wedge, & being that it's not removeable, you would think that Malibu would have to revise the length rating on any boat so equipped.

Doesn't look like it sticks out any further than it did before in the up position.

Different degrees? I just don't understand "dialing" it in, I think it's marketing. My wedge, and all futures should have two positions UP and DOWN. My wake goes from normal to as big as we can get it....What is this in the middle stuff?

Tracie, seems we were thinking along the same lines. I really dig the simplicity of the power wedge. It should of never taken 8 years to come up with, but nonetheless I like it. I'm surprised how it does sit a few inches aft of the transom, whereas the standard one sits up against the transom when in the down position. if anything it creates additional leverage on the back of the boat at a lesser angle. Big props to Bu for getting this into mfg!

on a different note and one that I can't speak intelligently about, I had a faily indepth conversation with a "wing" designer for race cars one night at the boat show last year. The guy was amazed at how poorly designed the wedge was. His comments were something along the lines of forward resistance should <0 with a properly designed wing only creating forces in the desired direction. Where the wedge creates a lot of drag on the boat both downward and forward. Anyway, I know it's an easy to mfg design and it does work, but it seems there is room for improvement. Malibu if your reading this make a quick call to a racing/wing designer and verify what I'm saying, because this guy was saying there is a lot of room for improvement in effeciency.

What is this in the middle stuff?

Come on tgaugh..."in the middle" is for the guy who spent $60k on a wakeboarding boat and can't clear W2W and he's scared of the big wake.

Next thing you know people will be skiing behind these things! Crazy.gif

Yeah, and if you set it too far forward it actually creates lift... makeing it better than the taps system! Tongue.gif

One other thing about the Power Wedge, but on a different note.  That thing sticks back so much farther than the regular Wedge, & being that it's not removeable, you would think that Malibu would have to revise the length rating on any boat so equipped.

Isn't the given length with out the platform ? If so it doesn't matter about the wedge or is that when the easily removable part comes in to play?

I was thinking the same thing about the access door. Maybe they are worried the bugs haven't been worked out. Or, more likely, its easier to only have one fiberglass platform buck instead of worrying about two.

I don't, and never have bought the 1200 - 800 rating. I think it is all fiction, even the dealer stated "about a 1/3 of the boat weight". People + gear?

I think these numbers are made up. Even if we say 3/4 down, how does that changed based on weight? I know many people incorrectly weigh their boats down by just throwing sacks in the back, also is it 3/4 for an XTI? It is centered? Or any other DD for that matter, what about those with bow ballast and those without.

Is the 3/4 is best statement in relation to a specific boat, config or weight setup? Or just someone blabbing away? Also how many other boats were tested in '06 with the mechanical wedge at 1, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 or whatever positions there are to make this claim?

Yeah, and if you set it too far forward it actually creates lift... makeing it better than the taps system!  Tongue.gif

OK - I know that you're just joking with this statement, but WHY NOT? I really like my SLXi, but it is heavier than my buddies RLx and you can def tell when skiing. It would be nice to generate just a little lift back there.