Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Reaquanted with my 99 sporty

tlope

new to site...just been reaquanted with my 99 sporty and its in need of lots of TLC and looking for help. Interior is being upgraded with new carpet and skins from Chee. motor is getting back to operational with starter, alternaator (rebuilds), water pump and impeller pump. Now the headaches are the electrical system....gauges are fluctuating and not accurate and lights are inoperative (not a big deal to troubleshooting). were can i find the MDC-1600 for the gauges. Medallion does not sell to public and unsure who carries (if anybody) besides dealers $$$$. also, gaauge lens and bezels have cracked and split...any replacements without getting entire gauge assembly? Lastly, any tips for stubborn oxidated areas to bring back the luster she once had? sporty has been in limbo for past couple of years with exwife and exbrother in law that did not appreciate such a fine machine. with season around the corner, would like to get her (sporty) and myself back in shape.

all help and direction is greatly appreciated. Thumbup.gif

new to site...just been reaquanted with my 99 sporty and its in need of lots of TLC and looking for help. Interior is being upgraded with new carpet and skins from Chee. motor is getting back to operational with starter, alternaator (rebuilds), water pump and impeller pump. Now the headaches are the electrical system....gauges are fluctuating and not accurate and lights are inoperative (not a big deal to troubleshooting). were can i find the MDC-1600 for the gauges. Medallion does not sell to public and unsure who carries (if anybody) besides dealers $$$$. also, gaauge lens and bezels have cracked and split...any replacements without getting entire gauge assembly? Lastly, any tips for stubborn oxidated areas to bring back the luster she once had? sporty has been in limbo for past couple of years with exwife and exbrother in law that did not appreciate such a fine machine. with season around the corner, would like to get her (sporty) and myself back in shape.

all help and direction is greatly appreciated. Thumbup.gif

Check this site out if they don't have what you need they should be able to help you find itor this one!

Good luck getting her back together. As far as the oxidation on the boat if you do a search on this web site someone posted a great link for a waxing kit to polish out oxidation

Sounds like boat was out in elements. Corrosion of wiring connections could be responsible for gauge fluctuations. System is dependent on good ground & solid wiring connections. Prior to buying new MDC, check all plugs and connections associated with system.