Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu warranty in peril????

theskiflyer

theskiflyer

Just talked to a friend, he has a 2007 Wakesetter 247. His dad bought it from an Ontario, Canada dealer (4 dealer group) that went bankrupt after he got the boat. When he needed warranty work he called Malibu and they referred him to the previous Malibu dealer (that had been a dealer for 14 years) in his area for service.

He said, while they had previously approved warranty for his boat, the dealer provided prove to him that they are now unresponsive (in spite of the fact that his boat still has warranty coverage) to warranty requests!!!

Hope anyone with existing warranty can get repairs that should be covered.

Where there is "smoke" there is "fire"

:unsure:

Warranty is unaffected right now.. Your friend needs to get ahold of a dealer near him to get issues resolved. Once MALIBU gives a authorization number they do not delete it. MALIBU has the best warranty in the business they have changed there policies a bit for 09 but still the same great warranty :)

Edited by CRASH

I can attest that the new policies take a bit longer but the items I have have all been covered and resloved. Malibu's warranty is still amongst the best in the inboard industry.

theskiflyer
Warranty is unaffected right now.. Your friend needs to get ahold of a dealer near him to get issues resolved. Once MALIBU gives a authorization number they do not delete it. MALIBU has the best warranty in the business they have changed there policies a bit for 09 but still the same great warranty :)

What did you not understand about the post! :Doh:

The boat is at the dealer that Malibu told him to take it to!!!

They are clearly not responding to the request to fix his problem! The dealer has provided him, with e-mails, showing they are not responding! Dontknow.gif

They are clearly not responding to the request to fix his problem! The dealer has provided him, with e-mails, showing they are not responding! Dontknow.gif

It is possible the first dealer never did his part? PM me i can look in to this for you.

theskiflyer

It is possible the first dealer never did his part? PM me i can look in to this for you.

Yes the original dealer went bankrupt (please read!!!!) :Doh:

From what I know and understand, they bought their boat from a Malibu dealer; that dealer went bankrupt and then when the customer required warranty service, Malibu referred him to the previous Malibu dealer in that area for service. That dealer (the one that we bought our boats from) has serviced his boat since. Now there are warranty issues which Malibu is not responding to. The dealer has provided their e-mail requests to Malibu, to the customer...

it appears that perhaps Malibu may not be able to meet their warranty commitments! :unsure:

Just talked to a friend, he has a 2007 Wakesetter 247. His dad bought it from an Ontario, Canada dealer (4 dealer group) that went bankrupt after he got the boat. When he needed warranty work he called Malibu and they referred him to the previous Malibu dealer (that had been a dealer for 14 years) in his area for service.

He said, while they had previously approved warranty for his boat, the dealer provided prove to him that they are now unresponsive (in spite of the fact that his boat still has warranty coverage) to warranty requests!!!

Hope anyone with existing warranty can get repairs that should be covered.

Where there is "smoke" there is "fire"

Maybe the person who bought the boat should make the call...not his kid. Also, what's the nature of the 'warranty' issues? Any chance that there was mis-use / abuse of the boat that wouldn't be covered under warranty?

Post sounds like a troll to me...

Ok, double edged sword here. The down side...............my boat has had it's share of problems. Some were quite expensive to repair. The up side................everything was done under warranty. No questions, no hassles, just 1st class customer care. I am not easily impressed, but I have to say that Malibu and my dealer have won me over. Not just with this boat, but the one before it as well.

The issues with my current boat have been resolved over the past six weeks with approvals coming from Malibu as recently as a few days ago. Aside from the work my dealer did, the "make it right" team went over the boat a week ago while it was at the dealer's shop. From my perspective, I do not see any changes at Malibu with regard to warranty work.

I haven't had any issues with warranty work getting denied, the warranty is more black and white but no issues here at Bake's.

-Paul

Nah. . .just look at his other 14 posts. He made a couple when he first joined the site, has been on a 3 year hiatus, and now has 12 others. . .

Edited by VinRLX

Nah. . .just look at his other 14 posts. He made a couple when he first joined the site, has been on a 3 year hiatus, and now has 12 others. . .

Yes.gif

Yea, but any story that starts with "I have this friend, who's Dad has a boat.. "

Well I'll add my $.02. I'm currently going thru the Malibu warranty process due to some vinyl discoloring and so far it has been a complete pain in the butt. I had to pay to have one of the sun deck covers removed and replaced for testing on my dime and with no time frame as to when I might hear if the warranty will cover the issue. So far I have not been very impressed.

Yea, but any story that starts with "I have this friend, who's Dad has a boat.. "

Oops. Couldn't find the sarcasm emoticon. Probably have to be familiar with his other posts, and my response, to know I was agreeing with Edwin.

Oops. Couldn't find the sarcasm emoticon. Probably have to be familiar with his other posts, and my response, to know I was agreeing with Edwin.

dang man.. I missed out on the inside joke.. :unsure: Well anyway, we're all on the same page here ;)

theskiflyer
Also, when was this 2007 model boat purchased?

2007 model; 3 year warranty...do you think the boat would still be under warranty???? Yes.gif

theskiflyer

Ok, it is not a "kid". it his boat but in his father's name. 3 other boats in the boathouse. Fingerwag.gif

They had the dealer review the work needed in October. Boat has still not been fixed, they thought the dealer had "shelved" their concerns and were blaming the dealer for work not done by April. The dealer showed them proof that they had requested coverage in the fall and that Malibu had "shelved" them.

Dealer has told them not to get too bent, as they are still trying to get it looked after. Not very fair to the dealer as it is now spring and everyone wants their boats and work should have been done during the winter. Puts the dealer under the gun for a boat they didn't sell.

theskiflyer

Yes.gif

Oh, I get it now!!! If you actually have another life, have not made 4000 posts here while living in your parents basement and share info that certain people don't want to hear...get out of here, we're the cool guys. :biteme:

October through April and the only thing that has been done is a few e mails were sent in October? The owner needs to be more proactive in getting things done. If that was my boat, I would have blown past the dealer level and gone straight to Malibu long ago. Perhaps with so many boats in the boathouse, this repair is not a priority for anyone and it is being treated as such? What is the problem with the boat?

theskiflyer
October through April and the only thing that has been done is a few e mails were sent in October? The owner needs to be more proactive in getting things done. If that was my boat, I would have blown past the dealer level and gone straight to Malibu long ago. Perhaps with so many boats in the boathouse, this repair is not a priority for anyone and it is being treated as such? What is the problem with the boat?

Seems pathetic to me that a customer needs to contact the manufacturer to get warranty repairs performed. Yuk.gif

I have seen some of the correspondence and it is beyond me why anyone would need to chase for coverage. My family has dealt with warranty issues as a car dealer for decades and from what I have seen this is "Mickey Mouse".

I am going to talk to my contact at the dealer tomorrow and get more details.

I understand that this is a Malibu "Fan Club" and my family has had many Malibu's. To quote Winston Churchill..."A fanatic is someone who won't change their mind; and won't change the subject". There are many on here who fit this to a tee!!

:Doh:

But we now however are taking delivery this spring of a competitor boat. We have dealt with this dealer for 11 years and they have always excelled in keeping us on the water.

<sigh>

I'm locking this thread. The OP has no interest in discussing things, he's only interested in telling us all how bad our boats are, how bad the company is, what an awful road they're on, how good his new boat will be (competitor's boat), etc etc etc. I've reviewed all of his posts here & (yes this is directed at you skiflyer) it's not that you don't have that many posts, it's that almost all of your posts (& all of the recent ones) have been to trash on Malibu & anyone that tries to take a viewpoint different from yours. You may find that type of behavior acceptable on other forums, but it's not here. That's why you were called a troll, & rightfully so IMO. If you had been looking for honest discussion on the topic, you would have been treated much differently. But it was obvious from the moment that you came back that that wasn't your goal.

Please read the Terms of Use again, & consider this a warning.