Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

hour meter on the fritz

Hi All

Just dewinterized my boat this last weekend and took it out for the first wake-session of 09. I had my batteries disconnected over the winter, and never had issue before...

For some reason my hour meter now reads that I have over 175,982 hours on my boat... I know I put it away last year in the marina storage with only 610(or so). Any ideas on what went bonkers and anyway to repair this?

Or am I in the Bu version of Ferris Buellers Day Off?

Airdog

Don't worry, the true hours are stored on the ECM of the computer. the hour meter in the tach is independent of that.

So pretty much your tach needs to be replaced unless you enjoy having 18000 hours on your boat.

Don't worry, the true hours are stored on the ECM of the computer. the hour meter in the tach is independent of that.

So pretty much your tach needs to be replaced unless you enjoy having 18000 hours on your boat.

Thanks 99!