Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower light installation

STAHLVLX

Im currently hooking up some tower lights; hooked them to the prewired spots on the tower, went to turn them on and realized that the wires are not attached to a power source. So, my question is how and where do i attach the wires to use them with the in dash control? I have an 08 VLX.

Im currently hooking up some tower lights; hooked them to the prewired spots on the tower, went to turn them on and realized that the wires are not attached to a power source. So, my question is how and where do i attach the wires to use them with the in dash control? I have an 08 VLX.

So, first 08 VLX includes MUX switches correct? If not disregard everthing aftger finding the wires in the tower. Whistling.gif

1) The wires are wound up and stuffed into the tower. Whe the tower is down, you should be able to look up into it and see a bunch of wires. I also enclosed them in some flexible wire loom or what ever those plastic corrugated tubes are for running wire in, to keep them from pinching.

2) There is a ground block under the dash. I popped the cover off of the Medallion controller box and pulled 12v + from a lug in there. So there is your power and ground.

3) The wire loom coming off of the MMDC box under the dash has white and a white/black wires hanging out, these are the control leads for the tower lights, they are positive switched. White/Black I believe is the foreward facing (or what ever you want to hook them up to) Hooking your relay to this lets you control the lights on/off with the MUX (LCD) switches. But you need to program the mux to show these choices on the LCD. It is EZ to do if you have the instructions.

4) You will need to set your relay up as + switched. That is, the wire from the mux is hot (as opposed to a switched ground).

5) The wire from the mux (MMDC) is to switch the relay, not power the lights, so don't get them mixed up.

6) There is a guide to program the mux switches, I just saw it posted the other day,it is not too hard to find if you use search.

Use at your owne risk, if you are not comfortable doing this have your dealer hook up the switches. If you can't find the Mux leads, go to your dealer and have them show you on a boat in inventory where they are.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an '07 VLX. I just purchased 4 Titan Tower lights and I plan to have them installed. I have an Illusion X Tower. Is the tower pre wired for lights or do I have to run new wire through the tower?

I have an '07 VLX. I just purchased 4 Titan Tower lights and I plan to have them installed. I have an Illusion X Tower. Is the tower pre wired for lights or do I have to run new wire through the tower?

It should be prewired. Just pop out the plastic tabs and check underneath. The wire is then tucked up inside the tower just above the pivot.