Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge ram issue

Last week we were at the lake, and I attempted to use the power wedge for the first time this year. After hitting the switch, I lost all power to the wedge, and actually blew the 30amp fuse.

After tinkering with it at the lake, I took it in to the shop, and was informed that both rams had water in them due to leaking seals.

Anybody else ever have this issue?

Glad it is under warranty.

• 1 month later...
yes I had it last year and they were replaced.

I have an '07 vRide. My power wedge would not go down my first trip out this year. I could hear a little noise at the actuator, so I figured it was getting power. I did not blow a fuse though. I took it to the dealer and they are going to replace both actuators.

The dealer couldn't tell me what had gone bad in them. I'm getting a little frustrated because it has been over 4 weeks since I took it to the dealer and they still don't have it fixed. They keep telling me that the actuator is backordered. I have the boat back and am just not using the wedge, but I would prefer it to work since it is an option that I paid for.

I blew the 30 amp fuse on mine this past weekend also. The replacement blew right away also.

So I had something to blame my poor riding on all weekend.

Not enough time to get it in and out of the shop on a short weekend so maybe I will know next week what the root cause is.