Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX Shower Relocation Project

water_junky

So I bring my new VLX home and can't believe where the heck the factory put the shower controls. What do you mean I have to remove both rear seat cushions and the center tray out just to adjust the water temp??? The wife says "That's not going to work"! Project time!!!

Old location:

IMG_0608.jpg

Order a new flush mount temp control valve and start cutting up the new bu:

IMG_0627.jpg

Hot water routing:

IMG_0633.jpg

Cold water routing:

IMG_0630.jpg

Completed Install with custom bracket for shower hose:

IMG_0631.jpg

The wife is happy, which makes me happy, the only thing that would make me happier now is if would warm up so I could go drive this thing!! Cry.gif

Terry

I was lucky enough to see where the factory put the shower controls before I ordered my boat. I asked them to put the controls along with the on/off switch where you put yours. They did an awesome job.

I was lucky enough to see where the factory put the shower controls before I ordered my boat. I asked them to put the controls along with the on/off switch where you put yours. They did an awesome job.

Yeah, where it is right now is awefully horrible. They should install it factory in that location.

As soon as the stereo was done I moved my shower controls to the same place on my 04.

I thought the factory location was kinda stupid Dontknow.gif

Where they put it is definitely stupid. But I find once I set it the first time, I never touch it the rest of the year.

That wouldn't work for me, what I think is hot and what my wife thinks is hot are two totally different things. Dontknow.gif

Terry

Where they put it is definitely stupid. But I find once I set it the first time, I never touch it the rest of the year.

That wouldn't work for me, what I think is hot and what my wife thinks is hot are two totally different things. Dontknow.gif

Terry

:lol: No kidding !

• 2 weeks later...

@ waterjunky: In my 2009 VLX the shower controls are almost there where you put yours in winter! Befor i got the boat I was already thinking about relocating the shower controls also - but now: happy!

@ waterjunky: In my 2009 VLX the shower controls are almost there where you put yours in winter! Befor i got the boat I was already thinking about relocating the shower controls also - but now: happy!

Maybe they finally figured out that was a really strange place to put the controls!! :unsure:

Terry

Last month I took my 10 year old daughter to a boat show. I showed her a boat with a shower and pulled the hose out of its small compartment. In her innocents, she looked at me and said, “How do you get in there to take a shower?” :lol:

Last month I took my 10 year old daughter to a boat show. I showed her a boat with a shower and pulled the hose out of its small compartment. In her innocents, she looked at me and said, “How do you get in there to take a shower?” :lol:

That's pretty funny!! ROFL.gif

Terry

Edited by water_junky