Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Touch up paint for Illusion X?

Winz

I moved my racks from the top mount to the bottom on my 2006 Illusion X and now I need to touch up the black paint near the top mounts (I could just buy more racks, but it is not in the cards at this time). Any specific recommendations on paint to do the touch up?

Jeff

On another note - I REALLY wish Metcraft or someone else would manufacture something to cover the unused mounts on the Illusion tower. The black plastic plugs are ugly, fall out often, and do not cover up scratches if you move your racks. A simple billet or black cover about the size of a rack base with the illusion mount would be perfect......

Yes, it is powder coated which will make getting a perfect match with paint difficult. Any black touch up paint will do the job and look fine from a distance though.

I'm pretty sure the tower is powder coated. You should check with Metcraft before you try to do a touch up.

Good Idea - I called Metcraft - indeed, the tower is powder coated. They are sending me some touch up paint that "should be a close match".

They still do not know of anyone making a product to cover the unused mounting points.

Before mounting my speakers to my tower i put down some 3M clear protection film (they stuff they use on cars)... figured that would keep the tower looking good just in case i ever remove anything.

• 1 year later...

Good Idea - I called Metcraft - indeed, the tower is powder coated. They are sending me some touch up paint that "should be a close match".

They still do not know of anyone making a product to cover the unused mounting points.

Did you ever locate any products that cover the mounting points on the illusion tower. I removed my racks and the mounting hole area looks bad. Where can you obtain the plugs for these holes.

Sarge