Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Puller

Last time I swapped a prop a modified C-Clamp and a good swift hit with a mallet did the trick without any fuss or worry. This time the propeller isn't playing nicely and I don't want to use this method with the volume turned up past gentle since I could mess things up in the tranny. Anyone in central texas got a nice prop puller I can borrow? If not I'll just drag it down to the dealer.

Another item to add to your to buy list. Get a spare prop kit like this one from Elberts. It is really nice and works great. I carried around a spare prop for a year without a puller until finally realizing how silly and useless that was. Buy the kit.

You can use mine but the dealer will be closer for you. I live 1 hr N of dallas on texoma. Did you say your wife was a DR?? What kind?? Mine is a internist/peds (med/peds).

Yeah, looks like a trip to Austin for me. Since my wife just blew two tires in my car *I'll* take the truck into work tomorrow and bring the boat by the dealer while she gets some new tires put on. Hehe.

Jen's a FP 3rd year resident at Scott & White. She's looking for a job now by the way... hint hint.... anyone up there hiring?

Where on Texhoma do you live. My father's side of the family stretch from Whitesboro up to Ardmore. I learned to ski on that lake.

Yeah they are always looking for good doctors, We moved down here from Tulsa, because they offered such a awsome deal. We live on the TX side on the main finger. My wife rounds with the FP's. they are a great group to work with, most are lake people and we hang out all weekend with them. check out www.thcs.org We looked all aroung N dallas area and wanted something a little less crowded.

later

Shawn

Come on down to the mini-WOW in October at the Bend. Bring your wife. We'll set the doctors to networking and we can plan my boats stereo system.

Oh, and for all you doubters. I found a local 'bu owner with a prop puller to loan me for the day. HAH!!!!

Next time, just use hot water... heating the prop hub with HOT water and a few firm taps from behind, will have the thing jumping off in no time. Or heat it up while using your c-clamp

Yeah I'll talk to her about it. I should have my system in by then. I have had it since last winter but havent had time for the install.

later