Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Out on the Water, 1st Day of Spring

RiverRunner

A few of us played hookey this past Friday and headed to the lake for a day on the water.

2009_1st_day_spring_01.jpg

The Air temp 85, was more like summer

2009_1st_day_spring_02.jpg

The Water temp was, well look at the pic

2009_1st_day_spring_03.jpg

The crew waiting for the ballast to fill

2009_1st_day_spring_11.jpg

Myself enjoying the first hit of the season

Surfing.gifSurfing.gifSurfing.gif...the Season has Started... Surfing.gifSurfing.gifSurfing.gif

A few of us played hookey this past Friday and headed to the lake for a day on the water.

2009_1st_day_spring_01.jpg

The Air temp 85, was more like summer

2009_1st_day_spring_02.jpg

The Water temp was, well look at the pic

2009_1st_day_spring_03.jpg

The crew waiting for the ballast to fill

2009_1st_day_spring_11.jpg

Myself enjoying the first hit of the season

Hate you people from down south this time of year! Our lake is still covered with about a foot of ice! 30 degrees and cloudy today, snow coming this weekend. :(

Surfing.gifSurfing.gifSurfing.gif...the Season has Started... Surfing.gifSurfing.gifSurfing.gif

Makes me wish for summer even more; still have 4 feet of snow in the front yard. Pictures like this do help to ease the wait. I liked the crew shot, thats what its all about.

We finally got out yesterday, even though the temp wasn't as nice as your day, the water couldn't have been better. The real nice surprise was that there was virtually no debris in the water. After all of the rain we've had, especially just the day before, we usually are dodging whole trees and such, but there was nothing. The day before we went up to the mountain for an awesome day of skiing in fresh powder.

The water temp was 49F and air at 52F. Drysuits are nice to have.

IMG_4353.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

Fresh POW skiing one day and on the lake the next; life is good. What do you have for a drysuits.

The smaller one is a size medium from OS Systems and the large is an O'Neill Boost.

It's looking it is time to replace the OS Systems one as we've had it for 6 or 7 years and the seals are starting to get brittle. I don't think there is much life left in it. The O'Neill seems to be better made and is correspondingly priced significantly higher. I've had it for 3 years now and it still looks brand new.

I am jealous of all of you that are getting out right now! That's awesome Rockon.gif

Now that the weather is starting to get a little nicer (finally getting into the 60's some days) and are weekends are free from house hunting I am ready to get the boat out!

How was the river? Many debris?

RR- because of those temps, I hate you :)

I am jealous of all of you that are getting out right now! That's awesome Rockon.gif

Now that the weather is starting to get a little nicer (finally getting into the 60's some days) and are weekends are free from house hunting I am ready to get the boat out!

How was the river? Many debris?

RR- because of those temps, I hate you :)

Surprisingly there was virtually no debris at all. I think I saw only one floating 2 inch diameter log and nothing else. There were of course the usual deadheads to watch out for, but those are expected and avoided.