Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Socal Quake

mcbean7

It's not mentioned in the LA Times that I saw. Unless buildings fall and people die, earthquakes in California are much to do about nothing.

I had heard of a social uprising, but never a social quake..

The redesign of facebook has been a social quake, but nobody has died that I'm aware of

There was a pretty decent one that was centered in the Salton Sea early Tuesday morning. We were on the east side near Niland when it happened. We both thought that my husband's grandfather had come out & was rocking the RV to wake us up. :lol: They said it was in the mid 4's on the scale.

Okay, so I'm from Oregon & while we don't get that many quakes up there, we do get one every once in a while & we weren't all that excited over this one. No biggy. What I do want to know though is WTH is with all of the frigging wind? It's been windy everywhere (not just a light breeze, there were whitecaps on Malibu's little lake that they water test their boats on at the factory in Merced), & at this point as I sit & type this in Sac we've seen a good chunk of the state. Earthquakes I can handle, but wind.... Frustrated.gifGuns.gifRanting.gifBadmood.gifBlowup.gif

Oh brother,

Here we go with the bashing california thread.

They have earthquakes....

it's too windy here...

these roads are terrible... Baby.gif

Okay, so I'm from Oregon & while we don't get that many quakes up there, we do get one every once in a while & we weren't all that excited over this one. No biggy. What I do want to know though is WTH is with all of the frigging wind? It's been windy everywhere (not just a light breeze, there were whitecaps on Malibu's little lake that they water test their boats on at the factory in Merced), & at this point as I sit & type this in Sac we've seen a good chunk of the state. Earthquakes I can handle, but wind.... Frustrated.gifGuns.gifRanting.gifBadmood.gifBlowup.gif

As if you guys dont' get wind in Oregon.. you just happened to pick a windy day.. today should be much better and mid 70's Yes.gif

Oh brother,

Here we go with the bashing california thread.

They have earthquakes....

it's too windy here...

these roads are terrible... Baby.gif

So what's not true of any statements you just made. What you forgot to add was how long it takes to finish road construction, we have three major changes going on and they can't seem to finish any of them. 238/580, 92/880 and 880/mission exit and these are only the roads that I drive all the time Whistling.gif I'm always trying to figure out why they don't start just one and finish it Dontknow.gif

Edited by 68Slalom

As if you guys dont' get wind in Oregon.. you just happened to pick a windy day.. today should be much better and mid 70's Yes.gif

Plus1.gif motorcycle riding weather :) great ride in to work today, carpool all the way!

I picked a windy week....or it's following us....or we're following it.....I don't know which, but it's driving me nuts. And no, this kind of wind isn't typical for where we live. It's been consistent, at least 15-20 sustained & a lot stronger in some places. Mrs. Malibudude is saying that it's supposed to die off this afternoon. I sure hope so.

So what's not true of any statements you just made. What you forgot to add was how long it takes to finish road construction, we have three major changes going on and they can't seem to finish any of them. 238/580, 92/880 and 880/mission exit and these are only the roads that I drive all the time Whistling.gif I'm always trying to figure out why they don't start just one and finish it Dontknow.gif

Oh Boo Hoo,

Where I'll be riding my motorcycle this Tuesday, in beautiful Sonoma, we'll have perfect road conditions and not even a single car on the road. Guaranteed!