Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX bow sac question

GEH

Hi-

First post here. I'm buying a VLX. The one I have my eye on does not have the factory bow tank. I understand the factory tank holds 400 lbs. I was considering installing the Fly High Integrated Bow Sac that goes under the seats. Does anyone know how much weight it would end up holding. Also, this is a 2008 boat I'm looking at. Any idea if I would be able to hook it up to the ballast monitoring system? Thanks.

Greg

Edited by GEH

The integrated bow seat may only get you around 300 lbs before pushing up the cushion. Do a quick search in the forum as I believe this was just discussed by someone with a similar situation.

Hi-

First post here. I'm buying a VLX. The one I have my eye on does not have the factory bow tank. I understand the factory tank holds 400 lbs. I was considering installing the Fly High Integrated Bow Sac that goes under the seats. Does anyone know how much weight it would end up holding. Also, this is a 2008 boat I'm looking at. Any idea if I would be able to hook it up to the ballast monitoring system? Thanks.

Greg

You can't hook it up to the monitoring system with a sac. You'll be able to see it sitting there on the floor or seats not sure why that's important to you. Most likely you'll be filling it manually anyways so I sure hope you'll know when it's full.

Edited by 06vlx

That thread is about the original VLX, which is quite a bit smaller in the bow.

I would guess that you'll be able to get close to 400lbs. out of the Integrated Bow Sac in the '05-'08 VLX, so the performance would be roughly similar to factory qMLS option.

You won't have ballast monitoring though, as that requires hard tanks that can be fitted with a level sender (like the fuel tank uses). Does the boat have a Wedge on it? If so, and especially if it's a Power Wedge, you REALLY need the extra weight up there.

That thread is about the original VLX, which is quite a bit smaller in the bow.

I would guess that you'll be able to get close to 400lbs. out of the Integrated Bow Sac in the '05-'08 VLX, so the performance would be roughly similar to factory qMLS option.

You won't have ballast monitoring though, as that requires hard tanks that can be fitted with a level sender (like the fuel tank uses). Does the boat have a Wedge on it? If so, and especially if it's a Power Wedge, you REALLY need the extra weight up there.

Sorry about this post - I didn't see the Ballast Section of the Modifications area. I think I can find the answer to my questions if I look around. My only remaining question is if the IBS fits in an 08 VLX and I guess that was answered above.

I don't want to monitor the water level in the sack, I wanted to be able to fill it up automatically from the dashboard. The boat I am looking at does have power wedge. Actually, I'm looking at two boats - a 2007 with a factory front tank and a 2008 without. It sounds like front ballast is important, but I was leaning toward the 08 boat cause its an 08. Both boats are brand new and the same price.

Greg

Edited by GEH

You can definitely hook up the bag to be controlled from the dash, and there are a couple of options for how to accomplish that. If you decide to go with the '08 and have questions on how to do that let me know.