Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat clean-up made easy...

RiverRunner

Bought a bottle of spray on McGuire's quick detail last week and used it over the weekend, wow what a difference it makes. We wiped the boat down with a damp towel to get the spots off, dried it, sprayed on the McGuire's and wiped it back off, it looked like you had just waxed the boat. This has defiantly become part of our boat ramp ritual. Thanks to all that suggested this product on the site would not have picked it up otherwise.

that sounds good! I simply use the 1/2 vinegar and half water mix with a dab of dishsoap to cut some of the smell. The slight acid takes out waterspots and costs almost nothing. I keep a bottle mixed in my boat. A few sprays all the way around the boat and towel dry!!!

We have not had a water spot problem in the past but, have noticed it since we have been going to a new place to boat. In the future we will do a quick wipe down with 50/50 water viniger and then wipe it down with the Mcguire's. All in all it took us about 10 min. to wipe down the whole boat inside and out.

Hey Ken, you know how our water is on the Brazos, we have bad water spots. I've been using the Meguiers without wiping it down first. Just spray it on as you wipe off the water & spots. Might save you a step.

Ronnie, you are probably right, the only spots I noticed after we wear done was on the bling-bling (polished aluminum) items, might just need to wipe them down with 50/50. Thanks

I used to use the vinegar - water mixture untill a friend at work told me that the vinegar will slowly strip the wax. He owns a detail shop on the side so I took his word and tried the spray-on wax. I have to second everyone else that it works great.

Hey Ken, you know how our water is on the Brazos, we have bad water spots. I've been using the Meguiers without wiping it down first. Just spray it on as you wipe off the water & spots. Might save you a step.

Just like Ronnie said. We just wipe it down with the Meguires every time we come out of the water. It takes care of the water spots and gives it that just waxed look. Works best when you have a good base coat of wax on the boat.