Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lost one of my seat cushions.

masterdinh

I tow my boat often, back forth from the lake. Today I got home from the lake and my damn seat cushion (the middel one on the back) was missing. I guess it flew out as I was towing it home. Actually pretty surprised because one its never happened before, and two that cushion has some weight to it.

Any idea how much its going to cost me to replace it?

Sucks.

Well that blows. So did you drive back & look for it?

Just a guess, but their probably like $300 or $400.

I think I'd make a replacement, at least till you get another. And who knows, maybe you'll like it better. You could carpet it like the rest of the interior. Sort of an obvious place to walk when going out the back, rather than walking on the rest of the seats.

I've seen a few older Nautique DDs with a similar setup & always thought it made sense.

Tow with the windblock in place in the future and that shouldn't happen.

-Chris

Plus1.gif expensive lesson.

I'd say Dontknow.gif never even had a life jacket fly out yet, I guess I've been lucky :)

Our dealer always takes out the rear seats and puts them in the Vdrive compartments. I just happened to look back last summer to see my surfboard floating above the carpet a little while towing without the windblock.

I had a full bench seat come out of my old bass boat. I had pulled the boat for three or four years never had a problem. I realized it was well passing an eighteen wheeler and it changed the air flow in the boat. Just happened to look in the rear view mirror as it floated around and out. I do put the air block in my Bu well towing.

-Chris

Plus1.gif I had my center access panel in the floor fly out last summer while towing mine. That replacement part was a little over $100 bucks to replace. I think you can expect to pay $300 - $400 for that replacement. I have been looking for a Bow filler cushion for mine for about six months because the best price I could get from any dealer for a replacement was $350.

I tow my boat often, back forth from the lake. Today I got home from the lake and my damn seat cushion (the middel one on the back) was missing. I guess it flew out as I was towing it home. Actually pretty surprised because one its never happened before, and two that cushion has some weight to it.

Any idea how much its going to cost me to replace it?

Sucks.

Dang sorry to hear that Martin. Im no help with the cost, but I have been working on making a step to put in that place. I do use the windscreen everytime, hope I never lose mine.

-Chris

When I was cleaning out the interior, I noticed my windblock wasnt down:(

Drove back down the highways 5 times and couldnt find it. I sure hope I didnt hit anyone with it.

My standard reply, again.

I cannot say enough good about the creativeness of our local hot rod upholstery shop.

The hot rod community knows the best resources for upholstery, engines, wheels, tires, detailing methods, etc. Most of these guys are 55+ and have time on their hands and love to share their experiences.

Go to a hotrod meet. Or get online and find your local hot rod clubs. Call one of the officers in those clubs and ask who they use for upholstery. You will find that they prefer one or two upholstery sources in your area. You will end up with a better than original replacement and it will be at half to 2/3 of your factory OEM cost. These guys are wizards and will also be able to figure out a retention device to keep your seats from dislodging your boat again.

Hot Rodders rule Thumbup.gif

My standard reply, again.

I cannot say enough good about the creativeness of our local hot rod upholstery shop.

The hot rod community knows the best resources for upholstery, engines, wheels, tires, detailing methods, etc. Most of these guys are 55+ and have time on their hands and love to share their experiences.

Go to a hotrod meet. Or get online and find your local hot rod clubs. Call one of the officers in those clubs and ask who they use for upholstery. You will find that they prefer one or two upholstery sources in your area. You will end up with a better than original replacement and it will be at half to 2/3 of your factory OEM cost. These guys are wizards and will also be able to figure out a retention device to keep your seats from dislodging your boat again.

Hot Rodders rule Thumbup.gif

Good idea. If I can get an OEM replacement for $300 then I am fine with that. I just hope its not more...

Be sure to check the Malibu factory direct boat of the week deal. You could probably pick up a new boat for less than the cost to replace a seat cushion.

Be sure to check the Malibu factory direct boat of the week deal. You could probably pick up a new boat for less than the cost to replace a seat cushion.

That boat they have right now is flat out DIRT CHEAP!!

Is this on their website or newsletter? I was unaware of this week deal.

2008 Wakesetter 247 RX loaded MSRP 87k Sale price $49k!!!! It has the 450hp engine too.

I am not surprised at all. When i first bought my 07 VTX i noticed the back middle cushion was flopping around and would end up upside down after towing it. I now travel with the cushion underneath the drivers foot area. They really should warn you about that. Too bad you had to learn the hard way.

2008 Wakesetter 247 RX loaded MSRP 87k Sale price $49k!!!! It has the 450hp engine too.

DD 25 footer...a confused boat...