Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slalom Course

jetro

Looks like you too many periods in your link..... http://www.wallyskier.com/

I just wish the wallys around here would learn how to use their sinker. I clipped one section of it riding my SkySki last year. Pulled the anchor a bit & broke part of it pretty good. It must have been sitting about a foot under the surface.

Dropped me like a rock. Mad.gif

Looks like you too many periods in your link..... http://www.wallyskier.com/

I just wish the wallys around here would learn how to use their sinker. I clipped one section of it riding my SkySki last year. Pulled the anchor a bit & broke part of it pretty good. It must have been sitting about a foot under the surface.

Dropped me like a rock. Mad.gif

yeah they must not have gauged how deep the water was before they set it up to sink.. Everyone I know that has used any other course before loves this thing.. Regular or sinker

$1065.00 for a non-sinking course with no pre-gates and polyester line?

I'd go with the Turnkey compact EZ-Slalom myself. Fully assembled and cheaper

That line is only from the anchors.. the rest is coated steel.. the telescoping poles from ez don't last.. The fact that everything has a quick disconnect makes it nice.. Just another option out there

That line is only from the anchors.. the rest is coated steel.. the telescoping poles from ez don't last.. The fact that everything has a quick disconnect makes it nice.. Just another option out there

Gotcha, it is a kit though... correct? I might pay that for Stainless line if it was assembled.

Never heard anything about the telescoping poles not lasting, there is a 10 year warranty on it.

Like you said, another option. Competition is good.

Edited by CedarLakeSkier

i am looking to leave the course in.. So if i compare the heavy course at ez it is 1565.00 with out novice balls... If you get the wally it is 1305w/novice and pregates.. 150 in pvc and a little sweat i think u have longer lasting system. I am gonna try it.. I will let everyone know..

i am looking to leave the course in.. So if i compare the heavy course at ez it is 1565.00 with out novice balls... If you get the wally it is 1305w/novice and pregates.. 150 in pvc and a little sweat i think u have longer lasting system. I am gonna try it.. I will let everyone know..

Wally builds good stuff and he and I actually have a good working relationship I think. He's taken a very trouble prone sinkable system and reengineered it into something that really does work as designed. I send him business, he sends me business, we speak occasionally. While our businesses have some similarities we're appealing to quite different segments of the market.

Just to set the record straight. The $1565 version includes all of the PVC and US shipping (and pre-gates and buoys). The comperable system from us would be the HD Course Kit w/Novice Option (rather than the turnkey HD system referred to above) which is $1118 and includes a SS cable mainline, the HD novice course option ($69 add on), pre-gates, all buoys, and US shipping. The kit requires 2" PVC Schedule 40 throughout for the arms.

Agreed that the light weight portable course buoy arms aren't made for permanent instalation and they won't hold up. We discuss that with people when they tell us they're leaving their course in long term. Some prefer the ease of setup with the portable style arms and the tradeoff is acceptable to them. For some it's not. But everyone should know that portable course-style light weight buoy arms are not made for permanent instalation, whether built by us or anyone else. We tell people straight up that those arms used in that manner are warranted for 1 year only, not 10. Portable courses used as portable courses are warranted for 10 years, used as a permanent or semi-permanent it's one year.

My only purpose here is to set the facts straight, nothing more.

Ed

Sorry about that ed.. didn't mean to quote the wrong system.. But the price is very similar once you add everything together..

jeff

No worries Jeff. As I said I just wanted to get the facts straight, that's all. Agreed, competition is a good thing! BTW I agree with your taste in ski boats. Thumbup.gif

Ed