Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towers

Bondo

Ok crew, need your help....What is your opinion on the Monster Towers. I was looking at buying a M1.

I own a 1998 Sporty LX.

Thoughts?

I need to get one ordered.

Thanks in advance

Bondo

I would also look at the Titan tower. I know that they are very strong. I personally like the look of the Titan better than the monster. I know that monsters are a good price point however.

Titan all the way.

The joints in the top corners of the Monster make it universal for a variety of width boats....... and make it bounce around too much IMO. I'm told their customer service is great.... or at least as good as their calendars. But you will undoubtedly spend some time tightening things up every now & then so that you don't have the bouncing problems.

Titan I & II are made specifically for your boat. And their rock solid.

With nothing mounted on them, I admit the Titan is a goofy looking wishbone shaped gizmo. But stack it with speakers, racks & a bimini & it looks as good as any tower..... and it's STILL ROCK SOLID!

do a search on ebay for titan tower. There has been a shop on there with a bunch of Titan 2s (different sizes) at a really good price ($600 + shipping I believe)

Thanks,

I'll check it out.

I just went with the Monster MT2. I got a great deal on it. They recently had some blemished models for like 1100. great deal for that tower. Aside from an adjustment after the initial day out. I have not had to make any adjustments. and if you install it correctly there will be no squeek or movement. If you do have some then the guys at Monster will help you get it taken care of.

do a search on ebay for titan tower. There has been a shop on there with a bunch of Titan 2s (different sizes) at a really good price ($600 + shipping I believe)

Thanks,

I'll check it out.

That is a great deal. What do you think shipping would cost??

You need to look on ebay at the AERIAL AIRBORNE UNIVERSAL WAKEBOARD TOWER sold by H2O Sports Warehouse. 2.25 polished, anodized, and black are available. They look similar to a swoop but they are universal. They show it on a VLX. Looks great. Bid prices have been going from about $690 to $800 plus $110 shipping. A very good deal.

They have a couple models available on their website if you look there, but I have only seen the Airborne and Ascent models, not the Assault model.

Check them out at H2O Sports Warehouse

Edited by Sunsetter95

I had the older model monster tower on my Maxum runabout. Its a nice tower for the price. I really took my time installing it so it wouldn't rattle. I din't notice any rattles but I did have to tighten some bolts after the first few months of use. If your budget is limited I would recommend it but there are much better towers around.

I just went with the Monster MT2. I got a great deal on it. They recently had some blemished models for like 1100. great deal for that tower. Aside from an adjustment after the initial day out. I have not had to make any adjustments. and if you install it correctly there will be no squeek or movement. If you do have some then the guys at Monster will help you get it taken care of.

I did the same and have had no problems.....

AF1

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I think I decided to get a Titan II tower for my Sunsetter Lxi. Does anybody know what the measurements are for my boat? Any good deals out there you've seen?

Thanks!!

Just my $0.02 worth, but in another post, I had stated that I had an issue with my Aerial Airborne tower and thought it was going to be taken care of.... wrong! Mad.gif

I did receive a new set of rear legs and I still have the issue (See pic below). You can see that there is no way the the leg can properly hinge on the angle it is at the bottom. I have laid it out on my tile floor so it is easier to see what the issue is. The bottom seeds to be pulled out so that the bottom of the leg is parallel to the red line I added in the pic. Aerial said (Ryan Marshall) said that they didn't know what else they could do for me. I said how about making it work as advertised! They responded in saying that they have sold over 2k units and this is the first they have seen this problem.... I doubt it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the bottom of the leg is in the incorrect position to create a good hinge point. I have talked to others and they see the same issue but most do not fold there tower down, and the ones that do just force it into position and crank down the bolt.

Like I said, just my $0.02 worth. I would not buy another Aerial tower unless this issue is taken care of.

Also, I have heard some complaints about the racks as well. The fingers are to short and the boards bounce around and get marred up by the rubber inserts.

You make your own conclusions. I would go with the Titan if I did it again, if they are still in business. If so, what happened to their website?

post-144-1246810968_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sunsetter95
martinarcher

I just put a Titan I on our Skier this spring. I absolutely love it. I had an issue with shipping damage and Rocky took care of it without any issues at all. Their customer service is fantastic! Thumbup.gif Give Rocky a call - Titan will hook you up. I wanted to save some $$$ so I went with the Titan I unfinished. I polished it myself and it turned out great! Just an option if you are on a budget.

As far as the strength - in rough water the Titan doesn't budge and we've got it loaded up with a pair of Wetsounds Pro 80's, four racks holding: 4 wakeboards, a surfboard, and a kneeboard! Go Titan! Yahoo.gif

Monster tower is going to get a chance to prove just how great their customer service really is. I sold a SkySki to a guy in Texas about 10 days ago. Last weekend was his first ride on it. I just got word that he folded up the Monster tower on his buddies' boat. Apparently one of the hinge joints up top failed. I know this guy is a pretty big, like close to 300 lbs. But if thats all it takes, you guys with Monster towers should be tightening those joints regularly, and don't be pulling anyone or anything that will put a lot of stress on your tower, ie; big riders, guys who don't like to let go, tubers, etc.

Does anyone know if I can get an Illusion tower for my Sunsetter? I'm trying to decide between the Titan II and maybe an Illusion tower.

martinarcher
Monster tower is going to get a chance to prove just how great their customer service really is. I sold a SkySki to a guy in Texas about 10 days ago. Last weekend was his first ride on it. I just got word that he folded up the Monster tower on his buddies' boat. Apparently one of the hinge joints up top failed. I know this guy is a pretty big, like close to 300 lbs. But if thats all it takes, you guys with Monster towers should be tightening those joints regularly, and don't be pulling anyone or anything that will put a lot of stress on your tower, ie; big riders, guys who don't like to let go, tubers, etc.

Man that makes me even more happy I bought a Titan!

(Stainless Steel > Aluminum) Thumbup.gif

Does anybody have any clue what size tower I need for my Malibu Sunsetter Lxi 2003? I am trying to price out a Titan II and don't have access to the boat on Monday's as the rack -n- launch is closed.

Ok so I ordered the Titan II from Idaho Watersports. It was a great deal, thanks for posting that link!! Now I need to get speakers and board racks and you know all those accessories. I have all JL audio in my boat now, and I think I want to keep it all the same. The tower speakers are $1200 a pair!! Cry.gif Does anybody know of a good place to buy the board racks as cheap as possible? Titan's website has them refurbed, any place cheaper?

Thanks!!

martinarcher

I have three Skylon bat racks that I can't get anymore and needed a fourth rack. I went with this thing off ebay by Avenger Wake Sports because I was like you and figured I need to chill with money spent on the tower after buying the Titan tower, two Wetsounds Pro 80's, three racks, and boards to fill them.

We were out this weekend and it did awesome. It didn't rotate at all in some really rough water. I always use Locktite on racks to make sure they stay put and this one looks like a winner for a good board rack a a good price....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270418181849