Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WHOO HOO!! 2009 Season is underway!!!!

spinxt

We caught a lucky break with the weather up here in PA...65 and sunny, so we jumped on it before the window closed. Got a good two sets in....water was a little chilly, but I've been much colder out in the boat than we were today. Awesome day.....a full month before last year!!!

What are you in Florida? What is the water temp.? I looked at the river level on the USGC site. Is that considered normal? They show the level at 3 ft. I can use that level for a reference..

Edit: just finished putting my snowmobile away today! Was riding this past wkend in upstate NY.

Edited by electricjohn
What are you in Florida? What is the water temp.? I looked at the river level on the USGC site. Is that considered normal? They show the level at 3 ft. I can use that level for a reference..

Edit: just finished putting my snowmobile away today! Was riding this past wkend in upstate NY.

Water temp was 42 degrees....or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I started this thread...the weather has SUCKED A$$ up here in the northeast. It's been snowing in the Poconos for the last three days (just flurries, but nonetheless snow!). Skiing so early in the season killed me because now I want to get out more.....come on mother nature, throw me a freaking bone!!!

Cry.gif

You guys can all... :biteme:

We have barely any lakes that have the ice off of them...

And just think, you get to have that "burn from the first ski of the year feeling" all over again!
And just think, you get to have that "burn from the first ski of the year feeling" all over again!

Yup...can't wait though!!! Bern, how'd the river look last Sunday? Jim called me to go out, but I never heard back from him...I'm guessing it was flowing pretty good based on all the rain we had last week.....

Up 2-1/2', wind right down the middle but only a ripple. I was really tempted when Jim called for the river report, but then rembered, with Jim comes..,... more wind!!!

Here's a good indicator that members are getting their boats out. Notice the shift in activity between "modications" and "maintenance" forums!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Spin, do the last four days qualify as the Bone you wanted Mother Nature to toss. 86 & better 4 days straight & four straight days of skiing. Unbelievable! Man, am I played! (and feeling GREAAAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!)

we got out 3 weeks ago now, air was 50 water was 38. I really thought it would be warmer water temp, I kept waiting for it to rise on the dash but it just never did. The week after, water was 50, that's a heck of a lot of energy to make that change! Got rained out last weekend but I'm hoping for mid 50s this weekend. It's just so much more bearable when it's warm, but so worth the first ride of the year!

I'll take those 4 days...but now it looks like we're stuck back in that crappy spring weather pattern that we were in before the heat wave....

Hey Spin, do the last four days qualify as the Bone you wanted Mother Nature to toss. 86 & better 4 days straight & four straight days of skiing. Unbelievable! Man, am I played! (and feeling GREAAAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!)
MalibuNation

Finally got out yesterday ... had my shortie on and was a tad bit chilly ... the cool water on the back got your attention ... was worth it. I can't figure out how my shortie shrunk over the winter Whistling.gif

Actually I was working out a lot late winter and then caught a 6 week cold with a perma-cough and stopped working out and eating increased. Fired up and will get back to working out. Yahoo.gif