Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 VLX Stock Heater short

Ok, Friend's 05 VLX. Low hours.

Since new, heater woudl work for about 20 seconds, then blow breaker.

I'm good with 12 volt electronics, so im guessing its a bad connection/ground. I only have a few min to look at it before the next trip (where its supposed to rain), what is hte main electrical fault on these boats? Is there some sort of distribution/ground block under the dash?

Any suggestions?

The Girls will really thank you if i get this heater working again.

Thanks guys!

darren

Ok, Friend's 05 VLX. Low hours.

Since new, heater woudl work for about 20 seconds, then blow breaker.

I'm good with 12 volt electronics, so im guessing its a bad connection/ground. I only have a few min to look at it before the next trip (where its supposed to rain), what is hte main electrical fault on these boats? Is there some sort of distribution/ground block under the dash?

Any suggestions?

The Girls will really thank you if i get this heater working again.

Thanks guys!

darren

power for the dash, computer, switches, etc. is distributed by the fuse panel its self

the ground block is under the dash on the right side toward the throttle you will see it

OK, tore into it breifly. Checked all grounds on ground bar, all good connections.

Pull out switch wiring, all secure and clean.

While under there, realize one of the balast labeled breakers is tripping with the heater (never saw the labels from teh drivers seat).

Figure out that the heater breaker that is not being used is 15A, and the 5A ballast pump breaker is the one tripping. Some tweaker at teh factory put the wire on the wrong breaker! Switched, and heater fan stays on fine now.

Issue is it isnt' hot at all. Hasn't been run in years....what would do it?

Hose with Y is connected right after impeller, and the bottom part of the letter Y side is connected to teh trans cooler. Flipped this around, and it still blows cold. Flipped it back.

Would there be air in teh system? Is there a shutoff somewhere? What woudl cause this to not get hot? THanks guys!

OK, tore into it breifly. Checked all grounds on ground bar, all good connections.

Pull out switch wiring, all secure and clean.

While under there, realize one of the balast labeled breakers is tripping with the heater (never saw the labels from teh drivers seat).

Figure out that the heater breaker that is not being used is 15A, and the 5A ballast pump breaker is the one tripping. Some tweaker at teh factory put the wire on the wrong breaker! Switched, and heater fan stays on fine now.

Issue is it isnt' hot at all. Hasn't been run in years....what would do it?

Hose with Y is connected right after impeller, and the bottom part of the letter Y side is connected to teh trans cooler. Flipped this around, and it still blows cold. Flipped it back.

Would there be air in teh system? Is there a shutoff somewhere? What woudl cause this to not get hot? THanks guys!

core might be blocked

remove the heater hoses and check for water flow in and out of the core