Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil pressure gauge all over the place

My oil pressure gauge bounces all over the place at idel. Once I throttle up it goes to about 80psi. Has anyone experienced this with their boat? Also, what is the normail oil pressure range? 350 monsoon

If the motor is cold and you throttle up, the pressure normally will approach 80. Idle, cold, will be 50ish. Once the motor is warm the readings will be lower. This is general info, and will be affected by weather and the oil that you run.

If your gauge is reading similarly, you should be fine. But if it is dancing crazily, you may have a bad ground.

Your motor, if a '99 Monsoon, is a 325.

Pretty sure the OP was referring to displacement, dumb@ss... Tease2.gif

Jerry! Good to see you. And Tracie says I'm a smart-@ss, so. . .

And did you know that the new Monsoons are 350 HP? C'mon, Delbert, you can fess up. Yes.gif If he has an '09 w/Monsoon, there may be different info provided by some of our illustrious members. Not you, but, say. . .Chris, for instance.

Biggrin.gif

If your oil pressure sender hasn't been changed yet, you might want to do so. They have a tendency to flake out & exhibit the symptoms you're seeing. At about $35 for the part and 10 minutes to change it out, it's a pretty easy fix.

I know it fixed the problems I was seeing with low speed & idle pressure fluctuating in my '01.

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

I knew it was only a matter of time before he provided proof to support my earlier statement. :lol:

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

I knew it was only a matter of time before he provided proof to support my earlier statement. :lol:

I think I liked you better when you were too busy to come on here and bust my chops. Tongue.gif