Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WHEEL BEARING question

Yes it looks like your seal is bad. It dosn't look like you have brakes on that axle, plus you can see the oil mark on the rim. As for finding a seal. All you need to do is remove the hub push out the seal and take it down to your local auto parts shop. there should be a part number on the seal rim. I would replace all seals and repack the bearings. But befor heading down to pick up parts check the bearings for pitting. some water could have made its way into that hub.

is this type of zurk bearing cover similar to the bearing buddy? Do I need to buy a bearing buddy or will this one be just as good?

is this type of zurk bearing cover similar to the bearing buddy?  Do I need to buy a bearing buddy or will this one be just as good?

I would agree with D-Goose and say check the bearings before you head down to buy seals as they probably are in need of replacing. As for the zurk covers, I would put back what you had (OEM) unless you really want to spend some extra money. The original equipment is still ok to use as long as it is not torn or defaced in any way.

JOHN

please tell me that I don't have to go to a boat dealership to buy these seals and bearings. Where are they available?

As for finding a seal. All you need to do is remove the hub push out the seal and take it down to your local auto parts shop. there should be a part number on the seal rim.

I for one would go to napa, trailer shop, or car quest not one of the auto zone's. Not the dealer unless you like them. Biggrin.gif

Just a heads up. These are a bouble lip seal.

If your not sure if the bearings are bad or not just take to the parts store and they should be able to help you. I could but I would have to see them up close to look for pitting.