Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First ride after knee injury!!!

aneal000

Major props to the encryption crew for the complete hookup Saturday! I was just minding my own business hanging out on a cold rainy saturday afternoon admiring the glassy water conditions out the window of Malibu Dreamin' when the crew pulls up and offers a ride!

For those that don't know, about 8 weeks ago I tore my MCL and ACL in my right knee. Doc says it was my choice: cut or don't cut. I've been in physical therapy for the last 8 weeks and decided not to have it cut. So far so good. I took it easy behind the boat but still had a blast. It's amazing how 2 months off will make you appreciate 68 deg-rainy-glassy in August!

Yahoo.gif Good times!

....about 8 weeks ago I tore my MCL and ACL in my right knee....

Shocking.gif Hope you're wearing a brace. After I completely blew out my ACL and tore my MCL the knee became very unstable and completely dislocated a couple of times before I finally agreed to have surgery. Go easy on it and wear a good quality brace. Thumbup.gif

I'm being fitted for a "high end" brace. I didn't have one on when I rode, but I took it real easy - well I at least only did the tricks I knew I could land without incident! With all the therapy on the right leg my left one is the one that's hurting today!

Edited by aneal000

ive hade 11 knee sur. 6on one 5on the other i now use thompsons 99 sports braces can find out all about them if your intrested they are made just for you take cast of your leg and build the brace around it

Edited by bonehead

wakeboarding - doing an air roll, or a backroll with no wake - trying to kick it 90's style! I came down with my knees compressed because I didn't get much height. Landed compressed and something had to give.

ive hade 11 knee sur. 6on one 5on the other

Shocking.gif good grief...I think we can hand bonehead the Crew Lifetime Achievement Award for the advancement of orthopedic medicine. Can anyone top 11 knee surgeries?

ive hade 11 knee sur. 6on one 5on the other

Shocking.gif good grief...I think we can hand bonehead the Crew Lifetime Achievement Award for the advancement of orthopedic medicine. Can anyone top 11 knee surgeries?

I think the better question is, would anyone want to? Crazy.gif

Tony,

Glad to hear that you're back out there. Take it easy on that knee.

I'd suggest you check out www.skyski.com - they're the only thing that's saved me from knee surgery blues this summer! You might as well go ahead and get one - I bet your going easy days will be numbered! I still take a lot of crap from the folks at work because of my "I wasn't even jumping that high when I re-injured my surgically repaired knee" statement. Hope you can avoid the knife, but if you can't - get the S/T Pro!

Was great to see you back on a wakeboard Tony. Knee surgery? You don't need no stinkin knee surgery :)

Anyone who jumps on a board they've never ridden before after 2 months off with a bum knee and breaks off a couple of runs like that.........gets props in my book for sure.

Good times ahead.

Was great to see you back on a wakeboard Tony.  Knee surgery?  You don't need no stinkin knee surgery  :)

Anyone who jumps on a board they've never ridden before after 2 months off with a bum knee and breaks off a couple of runs like that.........gets props in my book for sure.

Good times ahead.

thanks man! Crazy.gif

Nice 2 hear you got back on the water. I was telling my bro how I empathize w/ you after missing last year w/ a foot injury. Don't go pushing too hard too quick. :)