Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Platform Change

wedge88

I am looking to order a new fiberglass platform for my 06 RLXi. I am waiting to get updated cost from dealer as I checked on this a year ago. Anyone know what they are running now? I would order without the access door since I have the power wedge (unless this is not available anymore) in black. The teak one I have is in great shape and I am probably going to sell it but not sure what it is worth. I have seen them up to $275 used. I was thinking about selling it for $150-$200 depending on what kind of deal I get on the new one. Is this too high? Just looking for help because I would like to send it to a good home and give someone a deal but I don't want to give it away either. Thanks in advance.

I've been thinking about doing the same too. But haven't figured out the most affordable way to pull it off. The ones I've found at the dealers were upwards of $700 or $800. I'm pretty sure the teak would sell for around $200 or maybe $250.

One option is to make the replacement. Possibly out of wood or ???, then covering it with bedliner & a Traxx top pad. I wondered about using that plastic decking, similar to Trex, usually available from any hardware store. But after weighing one 12' x 6" x 1.5" board at around 50 lbs., I figured the finished swim platform at almost 200 lbs., I kinda scrubbed that idea.

Saw this on Wakeworld too: DIY swim platform

A picked up a teak one and switch back-n-forth between glass and teak when I get bored of one or the other. I think I paid $150 or the used teak one and that did not include brackets. They're real easy to swap. So you may be able to safe yourself some cash if you pass on the brackets.

Mike