Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bird Crap stain solution

My dealer recommended I carefully use soft scrub with bleach (it comes mixed in the bottle) on tough stains. I have been reluctant as Malibu states to only use 303. Well I went all of last summer with some black stains here and there from bird poo so I pinally said what the heck. I tried 303 and it did not touch it. So I dabbed son with my fingers just on the stains and let it set for about ten minuteds and low and behold,,,it work great!!! Put some 303 protectant on it and it looks like new!!

FWIW!!

Good deal. Keep in mind that 303 is a protectant, not a cleaner necessarily. You may want to try some Fantastic® before you go the bleach route.

Skiers Pier recommended using Soft Scrub with bleach 10 years ago for tree sap and other stains. Haven't had one problem using it. Works great, just put some on the stain and let it dry in the sun and wipe off.

On white vinyl? Or darker colors as well???

We haven't had to much dark vinyl in our interiors, but no problems using it on Moonbeam or the Dark Blue on our 05 RLXi. I also use it on and around the piping, put some on a old toothbrush to clean out the crud that gets in the folds. Brightens up the sticking too.

Hhhmmm. Thanks for the info. I've got a couple of black marks on my Light Graphite (dark gray) vinyl that I have not yet been able to remove. Not sure if it came from a wakeboard (gasp) or the sole of a neighbor's sandal (double-gasp).

Anyway, hasn't come out with Fantastic after multiple attempts. I think I will try some citrus cleaner next--I believe they use this at the factory. Maybe I'll try the Soft Scrub last. I've been hesitant to use it, even though some here have mentioned it. Just something about the abrasives and bleach that rub me the wrong way. . .

Hhhmmm. Thanks for the info. I've got a couple of black marks on my Light Graphite (dark gray) vinyl that I have not yet been able to remove. Not sure if it came from a wakeboard (gasp) or the sole of a neighbor's sandal (double-gasp).

Anyway, hasn't come out with Fantastic after multiple attempts. I think I will try some citrus cleaner next--I believe they use this at the factory. Maybe I'll try the Soft Scrub last. I've been hesitant to use it, even though some here have mentioned it. Just something about the abrasives and bleach that rub me the wrong way. . .

Well, we'd all be a little nervous if any cleaning products "rub you the right way....."

Just something about the abrasives and bleach that rub me the wrong way. . .

Well, we'd all be a little nervous if any cleaning products "rub you the right way....."

That was supposed to be a bit of a pun, Punk. So :biteme:

ROFL.gif

I used the mister clean magic eraser on the interior of the malibu I just bought,Boy was I impressed. They don't last very long( fall apart) but it took all the stains out of my interior I thought would never come out.

i would be a little concerned using bleach around the piping because of the threads sewn there. Would the bleach not have an adverse affect on the sewing?

I would be concerned about that as well.

i would be a little concerned using bleach around the piping because of the threads sewn there. Would the bleach not have an adverse affect on the sewing?

I would be concerned about that as well.

I understand your concerns, but like I said I've been using Soft Scrub with bleach for a least 10 years on 3 different boats and haven't had any problems with the vinyl or sticking. I do rinse the cushion off after immediately and re-coat with a protector like 303.

I have taken off that I'm assuming came form the wife or kids nail polish and ball point pen ink easily too.

I used the mister clean magic eraser on the interior of the malibu I just bought,Boy was I impressed. They don't last very long( fall apart) but it took all the stains out of my interior I thought would never come out.

Plus1.gif

Best thing I've found for cleaning stains as well. I only use it once or twice a season and use Babe's products in between.

Plus1.gif

Best thing I've found for cleaning stains as well. I only use it once or twice a season and use Babe's products in between.

Plus1.gif Gotta be careful not to use the magic erasers too much though as they are basically blocks of extremely fine sandpaper. That said, I also use them twice a year. Once during spring cleaning and once getting it ready for storage. Babe's products and 303 in between.

they are basically blocks of extremely fine sandpaper.

That has always been my concern and why I have never used them. Even though WakeGirl does. ;)

When we bought our boat the literature that came with the vinyl recommended Fantastic to clean, 303 to protect. That has always worked for me. I'd start simple and work my way up to harsher products.

When we bought our boat the literature that came with the vinyl recommended Fantastic to clean, 303 to protect. That has always worked for me. I'd start simple and work my way up to harsher products.

The liturature that came with my 07 listed Fantastik also, but the dealer told me that wasn't current and NOT to use Fantastik. So I don't. I have used Soft Scrub on other boats I've had and there were no problems. I do like the magic eraser a lot.

Boatman

liquid automatic dishwashing detergent such as Cascade works awsome because of it's high bleach content, but use only as a last resort, the sun fades most stains pretty quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
Good deal. Keep in mind that 303 is a protectant, not a cleaner necessarily. You may want to try some Fantastic® before you go the bleach route.

303 makes a cleaner as well. That is what I do for regular cleaning. 303 cleaner then 303 protectant!!