Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sorry!! Need clarification

Well, it eas nice here today.. 45 and sunny, rained all weekend and most of the salt was washed off the roads so I went to the spray wash gave her a quick wash and brought her home tonight, and put a coat of Eagle One Polish and Wax on her. My question is,,,,,Do i now spray her down with 303 protectant?? I have heard that this is the way to go.. Right???

After you get it clean put the 303 on than the wax. The 303 will seal the boat and the wax will go over the 303 no problem. Don't forget to put the 303 on all the vinyl also. Thumbup.gif

Oh ya then pic's

After you get it clean put the 303 on than the wax. The 303 will seal the boat and the wax will go over the 303 no problem. Don't forget to put the 303 on all the vinyl also. Thumbup.gif

Oh ya then pic's

Wow, never heard that before??? May have to try it! I use the 303 on the vinyl and rub rail but never to seal the gel coat...I use polish for that. Intresting :unsure:

Edited by srintx

Oh ya then pic's

?? Before or after?? I hope after because I already gave her a good message with wax!!

303 really isn't designed for this application, and isn't going to offer any qualitative or quantitative value. Stick with proper paint correction practices, and if you want a deep reflective gloss, use a carnuba wax instead of a synthetic sealant.

303 really isn't designed for this application, and isn't going to offer any qualitative or quantitative value. Stick with proper paint correction practices, and if you want a deep reflective gloss, use a carnuba wax instead of a synthetic sealant.

+1

Plus 303 is pretty darn expensive to start spraying all over your hull. My $12 can of 3M Paste Wax has lasted me 3 seasons so far.

-Chris

Spoken as someone who's never tried it. It does work as a "shine booster" as numerous of us have reported in various threads over the years here. You definitely want to use it on a freshly cleaned and delimed hull with a good wax OVER it to seal the gel but it does definitely work. Whoever said it's too expensive to use, well... Whistling.gif Give it a try. Or not.

Ed

Spoken as someone who's never tried it. It does work as a "shine booster" as numerous of us have reported in various threads over the years here. You definitely want to use it on a freshly cleaned and delimed hull with a good wax OVER it to seal the gel but it does definitely work. Whoever said it's too expensive to use, well... Whistling.gif Give it a try. Or not.

Ed

Plus1.gif This is just what it is designed to do it is a sealer and a UV protector. I buy a gallon at my auto parts store and that makes the price very affordable. My boat looks as good or actually better than the day I picked it up.

The shelf life of 303 is something in the order of 5 to 6 years if kept at reasonable temp. It is very good on the vinyl and it seams to clean the vinyl well being applied. I use it to remove spots and marks it works for me. I am willing to spend time and money to keep my Bu in top shape MHO is its good stuff.

Oh ya then pic's

?? Before or after?? I hope after because I already gave her a good message with wax!!

Before it penetrates Smaller pores then wax. If you have done the wax I would suggest just staying with the wax and this fall after a good clean up hit it with the 303 and another wax job over it.

I know many don't like the vinegar and water wash but I do mine in the fall reseal with 303 and more wax. I find my lake water is very hard on my boat. and yes I wipe it down after each use but it is on a covered lift and I can't keep some splashing from getting on the boat well not in use.

+1

Plus 303 is pretty darn expensive to start spraying all over your hull. My $12 can of 3M Paste Wax has lasted me 3 seasons so far.

-Chris

Um, Chris, you're supposed to open the can and use some on the hull. :Doh:

303 may indeed provide a quick gloss. However, I prefer using a quick-wax if that's the look I'm after. Buffing by hand or machine with polish and wax seems to provide the long-lasting results. YMMV

+1

-Chris

Um, Chris, you're supposed to open the can and use some on the hull. :Doh:

303 may indeed provide a quick gloss. However, I prefer using a quick-wax if that's the look I'm after. Buffing by hand or machine with polish and wax seems to provide the long-lasting results. YMMV

:biteme:

Trust me...I've done PLENTY of wax on and wax off in my lifetime. And, I'm serious that paste wax lasts so much longer than a liquid bottle, no mess to apply also.

-Chris