Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speaker sox material

greenworks

I was wondering what type of material is best to cover up tower spekers, racks etc. I was thinking fleece as it would stand up for a few years and not scratch chrome. maybe sunbrella? Anyone know

speaker sox the company uses a soft stretchy material that is perforated. I had many of their covers in my X-Star. They do scotch guard them, but I was disapointed that the material was not waterproof.

It looks like swimsuit material . It can be purchased at any fabric store . I don't use them to waterproof them

mainly to keep bugs off.

speaker sox the company uses a soft stretchy material that is perforated. I had many of their covers in my X-Star. They do scotch guard them, but I was disapointed that the material was not waterproof.

scotch guard them

it an option for speakers soxs to do it or you

Swimsuit material I wouldn't have guess'd that. My wife can make simple things with the sewing machine this would be pretty simple I guess I will give something a try, I may stay with fleece however and then scotchgaurd that.

The problem with waterproofing them is that not only will you keep the water from getting IN, but you'll keep the water from getting OUT too. This is one reason why Sunbrella is so popular. Might be a good idea to only use a product like Scotchguard on just the top side of the speaker covers, then the bottom can drain if needed.

The Speaker Sox material is a jersey type and breathable. Coating it with Scotchgaurd and 303-fabric protector would be great. Take a look at Screaming Sacs if you need something waterproof. Forgot what the material was but they do put drain holes in the bottom. Both are great companies but I would go with Sox.