Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Platform Removal?

DHL Family

How easy / hard is it to remove the fiberglass swim platform from the 2007 - 2008 boats?

The one i am looking at will fit in my garage, but would be better with the platform removed.

Just curious about the task, and how things wear from remove / install.

Depending on the exact model, it's usually as simple as pulling two pins and lifting the platform straight up. Easier with 2 people.

What's the story behind the "DHL family"? Doing international only?

And Welcome.gif

What's the story behind the "DHL family"? Doing international only?

DHL = Dale Hollow Lake - one of the nicest lakes in the midwest - our favorite place by far

How easy / hard is it to remove the fiberglass swim platform from the 2007 - 2008 boats?

The one i am looking at will fit in my garage, but would be better with the platform removed.

Just curious about the task, and how things wear from remove / install.

Just remember if you get the power wedge taking the platform off isn't really going to buy you that much room in your garage.

I take mine off a lot with very little effort. Just pull the pins and away you go. I will echo Cedar Lake, if you have a power wedge taking the platform off will only buy you a couple inches.

Unless you know how to over ride the system and get the wedge to go down in the garage.

Even with the wedge down, doesn't that huge bracket holding the power wedge stick out almost as far as the wedge does? Might give you a couple inches more room, but I can't believe it's all that much.

I have a manual wedge... i can remove/install the platform by my (old) self. Not easy, but do-able. Have a friend there first couple of times!

- Octane

I have a manual wedge... i can remove/install the platform by my (old) self. Not easy, but do-able. Have a friend there first couple of times!

- Octane

I agree, it can be done by yourself. However, if you want to avoid damaging the gelcoat when you take it off or put it on, I would recommend some help. My wife and I do it easily without letting the platform hit the transom gelcoat.