Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thanks for the Rain

BigJerDog

My apologies if this is posted in the wrong spot but man... All this rain in Cali sure is nice. I saw a report on the news last night that San Jose is at 96% of average rainfall. Compared to just a month ago we were not even at 20% and it looked as if some of the local reservoirs and lakes were going to be in some serious trouble this summer. With all the rain and probably another month or two of wet weather it will be nice to have some fuller lakes this year hopefully... Everyone keep on prayin for rain!

How are some of the other regions doing on rainfall this year?

Anyone else worried about not having their usual local places to ride?

Jer

If it makes ya feel any better we got over a foot of snow monday and temps were below zero all week,I would love rain to melt all the damn ice on the lake.

New Melones in the sierra foothills (about two hours east from the BA) is filling nicely. Since low water it is up over twenty one feet in elavation. This is one of Calif. largest reserviors and hold 2.4 millon acer feet of water. Last week with all the heavy rain and low snow the inflow increased from approx. 900 cubic feet a second to 10,000 cubic feet a second over nite. This massive body of water increased 5 feet in elevation in four days. This is a GOD send,for we have been in a drought cycle for about three years. Should make for a great year on the lake. ( I own a house there so I watch daily) Come see us or maybe not ,this lake is a well keep secret,woops

Glad to hear Melones is filling. Too bad the water always sucks and its so windy and choppy all the time wink wink nudge nudge. It would be a great lake if it had more little fingers and coves to hide away in... LOL

Yahoo.gif

The latest rains/snow in norcal are certainly going to help ease the water woes we've been having, however, we are still in a drought and the snow pack is still well below 100% of normal. Combine a less then average water/snow season of the last three years we'll still have water issues just later this summer than in ‘08. We should be ok if they manage the water correctly since we have higher water levels at this point compared to this time last year. I'm doing my part of drinking beer instead of water....... :)

New Melones in the sierra foothills (about two hours east from the BA) is filling nicely. Since low water it is up over twenty one feet in elavation. This is one of Calif. largest reserviors and hold 2.4 millon acer feet of water. Last week with all the heavy rain and low snow the inflow increased from approx. 900 cubic feet a second to 10,000 cubic feet a second over nite. This massive body of water increased 5 feet in elevation in four days. This is a GOD send,for we have been in a drought cycle for about three years. Should make for a great year on the lake. ( I own a house there so I watch daily) Come see us or maybe not ,this lake is a well keep secret,woops

This sounded like a Melones ad... :lol: so I had to look it up, since if I had to list off some of CA's largest lakes Melones wouldn't be one I'd think of first. Looks like CA has 6 lakes >2M AC in size.. and NM is the 4th largest reservoir (not including natural lakes like Tahoe)

Guess you're just really into NM..

The latest rains/snow in norcal are certainly going to help ease the water woes we've been having, however, we are still in a drought and the snow pack is still well below 100% of normal. Combine a less then average water/snow season of the last three years we'll still have water issues just later this summer than in ‘08. We should be ok if they manage the water correctly since we have higher water levels at this point compared to this time last year. I'm doing my part of drinking beer instead of water....... :)

ROFL.gifCheers.gif:salute:

And that is the whole problem right there, even in good years. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The snow pack is needed & is far enough below normal that we could still have major issues. Rainfall is good, but rainfall & snowpack work together to keep the lakes at good levels throughout the year.

How's Oroville looking?

SacRat, just bring your boat up to NM any day mid week or for that matter any week in july-aug. I will show all the spots and will win you over with some cold beer ,good wine, and great tri tip ,severed up on my house boat. The truth is the lake will win you over,so ya I am really into NM. Come bye ,door always open.

The latest rains/snow in norcal are certainly going to help ease the water woes we've been having, however, we are still in a drought and the snow pack is still well below 100% of normal. Combine a less then average water/snow season of the last three years we'll still have water issues just later this summer than in '08. We should be ok if they manage the water correctly since we have higher water levels at this point compared to this time last year. I'm doing my part of drinking beer instead of water....... :)

And that is the whole problem right there, even in good years. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The snow pack is needed & is far enough below normal that we could still have major issues. Rainfall is good, but rainfall & snowpack work together to keep the lakes at good levels throughout the year.

How's Oroville looking?

ORO is 148' down still, though it's higher than this date last year.

March '08 1,512,342 MAF 168' Down

March '09 1,685,678 MAF 148' Down

SacRat, just bring your boat up to NM any day mid week or for that matter any week in july-aug. I will show all the spots and will win you over with some cold beer ,good wine, and great tri tip ,severed up on my house boat. The truth is the lake will win you over,so ya I am really into NM. Come bye ,door always open.

...just keep advertising the gem that NM is and it won't be that well kept secret for very long... Bash.gif

Just kidding! (kinda...) I love Melones!

Patrick

...everybody knows when you weight a body, ya cant just wrap chain around the ankles. The ankles always fail first... Duhhh!

Vomit.gif

Patrick

(the Russian mob was dumping bodies off a bridge over Melones a few years ago... ) --For real!

P