Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu decals

rn59fan

Greetings!

I have a 1995 Malibu Echelon, detailed and cleaned after every use.

After the many years of great skiing, the "ECHELON" graphics are showing some wear,

especially on the left side.

Q: IS there an OEM or after-market source for new decals?

Also, If I go with a custom shop what is the FONT name-type?

Thanks guys!

-RN

According to this post it is Prototype Italic. But I am not sure if thats the older style, like ours, or a newer one. Maybe it hasn't changed.

Font

Let me know what you end up with as I would like to do that in the next few years.

According to this post it is Prototype Italic. But I am not sure if thats the older style, like ours, or a newer one. Maybe it hasn't changed.

Font

Let me know what you end up with as I would like to do that in the next few years.

[/quote

Thanks!

Q: Do you know the letter SIZE?

I'm at the office and I have a picture I ran a close-up on.

I THINK they are 5", maybe 4"

THE place I found is: http://www.boat-lettering.com/

They have the correct font and colors at $3.60/ letter for the 5" and $2.88/ letter for the 4"

The preview looks identical to the OEM ECHELON lettering.

I'll order online when I confirm the letter size.

THX!

-RN

Edited by rn59fan

Mine is in storage. But 4 sounds too big if we are talking height. I would guess 2 or 3.

looking at this decal at Bakes, that is probably close to the right height, and that's 2 1/2

bakes decal

Edited by bretski75
Mine is in storage. But 4 sounds too big if we are talking height. I would guess 2 or 3.

looking at this decal at Bakes, that is probably close to the right height, and that's 2 1/2

bakes decal

Back again.

I need the "ECHELON" decals.

The Malibu ones are still good.

On the '95's the sunset/ malibu is about 2.5". The ECHELON is a few inches larger and to the right of malibu.

I go out to my storage tonight and take a measurement.

THX.

-RN

bakes decal

Back again.

I need the "ECHELON" decals.

The Malibu ones are still good.

On the '95's the sunset/ malibu is about 2.5". The ECHELON is a few inches larger and to the right of malibu.

I go out to my storage tonight and take a measurement.

THX.

-RN

While you're out there, you may wanna take a picture of it and post it up for reference...

I was thinking the same thing. I'm curious because it sounds like his decals are differen't than mine.

Who am I to talk, I should do the same thing. The only picture I have you can't see any of the boat.

Edited by bretski75
I was thinking the same thing. I'm curious because it sounds like his decals are differen't than mine.

Who am I to talk, I should do the same thing. The only picture I have you can't see any of the boat.

That's ok..."Sink the Malibu" is one of my favorites. Biggrin.gif

Good Monday Morning!

I measured the ECHELON decals and they are 5"

I am ordering new ones for a cost of $50.00 (both sides).

Thanks guys!

-RN