Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Trailer Wheels

Brent Wall

I am almost ready to take the plunge. I put a deposit on a new '08 VLX at the boat show a couple of weeks ago. I "bought" the boat sight unseen; the dealer had a picture of it but it was still in shrink wrap at his store. I have subsequently went to the store and looked it over.

I like the colors of the boat (yellow with graphite accents) but I wasn't crazy about the yellow trailer (a DHM trailer from the west coast). I think I can get used to the trailer if it had nicer wheels. The current ones are chrome and I'm thinking that nice aluminum allow wheels will look much better.

I am going to ask the dealer to swap the wheels as part of the deal but I need to be pretty specific about the wheels I want. Two questions:

Is there a good website that shows a good variety of aluminum alloy wheels?

Any idea what the trade up is worth? I want to know up front what I'm asking for.

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the Crew. I would think the dealer invoice would include the cost of the current rim setup. That way you know what price you can apply to other rims.

I am almost ready to take the plunge. I put a deposit on a new '08 VLX at the boat show a couple of weeks ago. I "bought" the boat sight unseen; the dealer had a picture of it but it was still in shrink wrap at his store. I have subsequently went to the store and looked it over.

I like the colors of the boat (yellow with graphite accents) but I wasn't crazy about the yellow trailer (a DHM trailer from the west coast). I think I can get used to the trailer if it had nicer wheels. The current ones are chrome and I'm thinking that nice aluminum allow wheels will look much better.

I am going to ask the dealer to swap the wheels as part of the deal but I need to be pretty specific about the wheels I want. Two questions:

Is there a good website that shows a good variety of aluminum alloy wheels?

Any idea what the trade up is worth? I want to know up front what I'm asking for.

Welcome.gif

I wouldn't expect a trade up to cost more that $250 or so. I just upgraded mine last summer and the ones I got were in the neighborhood of $175 each IIRC.

post-197-1236367137_thumb.jpg

Mike