Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Computron acting up

My computron started acting up today. It went out completely. When I turn the key on it comes on for a second or two then goes out. I've never had a problem with the computron before. Any suggestions? It starts fine, so I guess the battery is OK, I can hear it clicking under the dash when it goes out.

The Echelon models had a digital read out dash, with tach, speedo, clock, depth gauge etc., I'm not sure if any of the other models had this feature.

It is really cool. You still have your analog gauges, with the digital read out in the middle of the dash.

ok, I have one of those on my sunsetter, I think they called it MSCAN or something. It too has been going on and off, but it started while I was pounding tubes thru the bumps. I pulled the dash off and looked around but could't find any loose wires. When I put the dash back together the mscan began to work again. It would be nice to know the source of the problem if anyone knows.

looked around under the dash today. the unit was not working at all, pulled an inline fuse apart and put it back together and the gauge started working. The fuse was fine so I am not sure why this action got the mscan to work. There are some horizontal lines missing on the display though. It is working, I can now see my fuel gauge and engine readouts.

Could there be a bad connection on the fuse holder that would cause less power to get to the gauge and cause the missing horizontal lines on the display?

I will get up under the dash this weekend and check it out. I guess I can disconnect and reconnect all the computer wires until I isolate the problem.