Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 vlx vs. 2009 SAN 210

TheAggieTakeover

howdy guys! i'm currently looking at buying a boat and am trying to decide between a 2009 Malibu Wakesetter VLX and a 2009 Super Air Nautique Team Edition. I have looked at both at numerous boat shows, but not really sure which one I want to go with. I have done some searches on this site, wakeworld, and the web to try and find some comparisons, but haven't seen much. Anyone have any comparisons?

I'm not too serious of a wakeboarder, but do ride when I go out. Once of the downsides I have seen with the SAN is that the seat height off the floor of the boat is pretty short and it seems like my legs would get cramped sitting in the seats. Also, I don't reallywant to buy a Malibu VLX unless it is a 2009 with the Maliview, because i think that will boost the resale value if i decide to sell in a few years as that feature might be the standard.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to buying a 2008 SAN 210 instead of a 2009 SAN 210. Seems like I could get a pretty good deal for an 2008 SAN 210 Team, maybe around $60,000 or so. Seems like a 09 VLX wth a decent amount of options would be right at $70K. I'm guessing a 2009 SAN 210 with similar options would be around $75K or so, so I might have to get a couple fewer options.

I'm not going to spend more than $70K on whatever I decide.

I know this is a Malibu site, but does anyone have any comments on the SAN 210 vs. a 09 VLX?

**if anyone can point me to some threads about this topic, i'd also be appreciative.**

Edited by TheAggieTakeover
howdy guys! i'm currently looking at buying a boat and am trying to decide between a 2009 Malibu Wakesetter VLX and a 2009 Super Air Nautique Team Edition. I have looked at both at numerous boat shows, but not really sure which one I want to go with. I have done some searches on this site, wakeworld, and the web to try and find some comparisons, but haven't seen much. Anyone have any comparisons?

I'm not too serious of a wakeboarder, but do ride when I go out. Once of the downsides I have seen with the SAN is that the seat height off the floor of the boat is pretty short and it seems like my legs would get cramped sitting in the seats. Also, I don't reallywant to buy a Malibu VLX unless it is a 2009 with the Maliview, because i think that will boost the resale value if i decide to sell in a few years as that feature might be the standard.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to buying a 2008 SAN 210 instead of a 2009 SAN 210. Seems like I could get a pretty good deal for an 2008 SAN 210 Team, maybe around $60,000 or so. Seems like a 09 VLX wth a decent amount of options would be right at $70K. I'm guessing a 2009 SAN 210 with similar options would be around $75K or so, so I might have to get a couple fewer options.

I'm not going to spend more than $70K on whatever I decide.

I know this is a Malibu site, but does anyone have any comments on the SAN 210 vs. a 09 VLX?

**if anyone can point me to some threads about this topic, i'd also be appreciative.**

I will say the SAN looks very sharp, great looking tower. But everyone is going to tell you to drive them. We looked between the Supra and Malibu and it came down to the Malibu just drove more like a sports car and had a nicer feel in the water. Our friends who always owned Nautiques compared the 2008 models and they ended up with a Malibu. It really comes down to what you like better. There both great boats.

Good Luck, and great to see people buying.

I would put the pressure on the nautique dealer , I just had a 2008 brand new san210 sold into my territory for 35000.00 without trailer, how do you beat that deal.

I dont think you will pay anywhere near 70K for a 2009 VLX fully loaded or not in this market.

I agree mid 60s loaded with extreme trailer Thumbup.gif Keep in mind the "extreme" extreme trailer is $12000 with options

I really like that Byerly Nautique boat. I always wondered what it would have been like if I got a CC. However, when I saw seven guys in a 230 at the boat show and they looked like sardines in a can, I am still glad I went with Malibu. Cant go wrong either way, but if you get a Nautique see if you can get one of those Byerly ones.

I really like that Byerly Nautique boat. I always wondered what it would have been like if I got a CC. However, when I saw seven guys in a 230 at the boat show and they looked like sardines in a can, I am still glad I went with Malibu. Cant go wrong either way, but if you get a Nautique see if you can get one of those Byerly ones.

i felt like a sardine sitting in the 09 SAN 210. the seat height off the floor meant my knees were by my head when i sat down. that boat doesn't seem deep enough for a lot of people. that's my main drawback of the SAN.

thanks to everyone for the help. i'm relatively new to the market and just wondering about people's opinions. i'm definitely gonna try and test drive the 09 VLX and the 08 SAN.

Awesome 2 choices of boats! I've spent time in both and each boat is first class. Both wakes shapes are pretty close but stock size is bigger on the vlx. You've been in both of them so i'll skip the interior differences. Also one thing you might want to consider is if you have to collapse the tower ever. Also I would try to avoid nautique's flight control tower 1, it's a very heavy tower and has more sway then then the titan and their forward facing tower but don't get me wrong it is not a deal breaker by any means.